Chapter One

Chapter One

Mississippi River, 300 years ago

The boat was deadly quite as the climbed on board.

"Where the hell is everyone?" one man asked as he carried his lantern in front of him.

"Deserted, which makes everything in the hold legally forfeit. Take what suits you" the man behind him replied.

"What do you make of that?" the man with the lantern asked as he motioned towards the two coffins that lay in front of them.

"Open it up!" he ordered and the man with the lantern followed. He opened the lid of the first coffin.

Kol Mikaelson lay still, the blue veins protruded out of his skin as the dagger in his chest kept him in his magical slumber, one that his elder brother Niklaus sent him too.

"What the hell" the man mumbled once they peaked into the coffin to see the young man with a dagger pierced through his chest.

The lid of the coffin fell closed when one of the men was taken from behind. The two remaining men looked around to see no culprit for their friend's sudden disappearance.

One man tried to escape up the stairs but was grabbed by an unknown force and lifted up onto deck.

"Hello" a sickly sweet voice spoke out to the last man – the man with the lantern.

Rebekah Mikaelson stood in her elegant gown which would no doubt be replaced as soon as they docked. She whipped her mouth with a pale handkerchief one that had her initials written on them.

"Hmm, lovely to see such a handsome face after a long journey" she said wistfully. She looked over the man's shoulder "Can I eat him brother?"

"I would rather you don't" the man with the lantern jumped and turned to see a handsome man, one that gave him a charming smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"There is no need to be afraid" Elijah said "You will do exactly as I say" he looked the man deep into his eyes compelling him "You will remember nothing" the man repeated it

"We have had a very long journey, were unfortunately we lost all of our crew. Therefore I would ask you kindly to transport our belongings to the shore"

"What hell demons are you?" the man asked.

A new voice cut in before either of her siblings could answer.

"Where vampires sweetheart" Sigrid Mikaelson sat on top of the coffin her elder brother Finn resided in. her dress much the same as her older sisters was nearly hanging off of her, the blood dripping from her chin clued the man into the fact that she was the one that killed many of his friends yet he could not help but be entranced by her.

Sigrid continued "The original vampires. Sigrid, Rebekah, Elijah, our brothers Kol and Finn" she tapped the coffin she sat on in a mock fashion "May Kol rest in piece"

"You saving the best till last, little sister?" a new male voice interrupted the young blonde girl.

She huffed "and our half-brother Niklaus"

Each of the siblings looked up at Niklaus who much like Sigrid had blood smothered on his lips. He gave them a toothy smile.

"Ignore him he's a beast" Rebekah said.

Niklaus laughed and dropped the body of the man he took onto the deck. The body landed in front of Rebekah, none of the siblings even batting an eyelid as it dropped.