Chapter Eleven

My head tilted back, one leg over the side of the chair the other sat comfortably in Klaus lap. Both brothers currently occupied with reading books something that bores me to death.

The smell of blood was getting to me, having already taken quite a bit from the girl, I was trying to give myself a break, having been compared to a pig by Klaus made me slow down and stop.

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?" Rebekah's voice grates on my nerves as she walks in.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?"

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus"

"And what's this business?" Rebekah gestures towards the blood currently dripping on the carpet.

"This is a..." Elijah stops and considers his next words "...peace offering"

" I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother and little sister might be a bit peckish"

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth."

Elijah glances at the body "Not this nonsense"

"And you? What do you have to say about this?" It takes me a while to realize she's talking to me

"Hmm?"

"I'm not repeating myself"

I roll my eyes as I sit up "I couldn't let her go to waste, besides she was delicious" I shrug and avoid Elijah's stares and Klaus smirks.

Rebekah sneers "Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin because she's staining a two-hundred-year-old carpet."

"You do that"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Morning"

I watch as Hayley roots through the fridge, I can't help but look her up and down and she stands there in what is most likely her pj's.

She glances at me and gives me a smile "Hey"

Rebekah then decides to ruin it and walks in dragging a trash bag with her.

"Listen, I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?"

"Speaking of, add bleach" Rebekah states as she goes back into the living room

"I'll make sure to get you some"

She gives me a grateful look.

"So I hope Rebekah and Klaus treated you well while I was gone"

"In your absence, as you like to call it-- which is a way-too-polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your heart, I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced my baby is Lucifer"

I give her a sympathetic smile as I pull the Orange juice out of the fridge and I grab the milk before making my way back to her

"Told you I'd get you some"

"Oh... milk"

I pour the milk for her as she watches.

"They've been fine. Your siblings are weirdly protective, I know I have you to thank for that."

"I'm just happy that your fine, but back to the witches I have some worries"I hand her a spoon which she takes and dips straight into her bowl.

"They're evil. And, my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting."

"Yeah we need to sort that out"

Rebekah once again walks in dragging the body in the bin bag behind her "I am all for it. As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"

"Everyone"