Chapter Eight

Hayley griped the journal tight in her hands, she could hear the two remaining Mikaelson siblings bickering down stairs. She didn't understand why they were not looking for there siblings.

She turned to the first page in the journal and began to read.

I have noticed a difference in my siblings.Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to brutality. My youngest sister Sigrid has gone cold almost like she cant feel a thing.

However, the true problem remains my brother, Niklaus

He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness

Hayley shut the journal and griped it even tighter in her hands, her fingers straining white. She need to find out what they were going to do to get there siblings back.

Elijah was kind, calm and even gentle.

Sigrid, well so far she had only provided sarcastic remarks but they had made her smile, even in moments of trouble.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"It's all right, Davina. I don't mean you any harm, though I do think it's time we had a talk"

"Why should i trust you?"

The little witch glared at Elijah and I. Having been kept in a box, my mood was not its highest.

"Your the one they call honorable, and your the other sister"

"So your honorable and I'm just 'the other sister'" i nod "That sounds about right"

"yes, that's what they call me. And yet, i followed and dragged my younger sister to New Orleans to engage in war. So, i ask does that sounds honorable to you?"

"Nope" Sigrid, was in no mood for chit chat

"You don't look well" she commented

"Well we have been kept in a coffin with a magical dagger stuck in our chests, how would you feel if that happend to you?"

Elijah glared at me, begging me with his eyes to keep my mouth shut. i roll my eyes and stared to walk around the small attic room

"Well, only this morning, as my sister has said we had a mystical dagger embedded in our chests, so I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well"

"I'm not"

"Davina, I believe that you and I have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins. I, by keeping my brother in line; you, by behaving like your true self-- not some tool for Marcel or the witches"

"What about you?" it had taken Siggy a few seconds to realize the little witch had spoke to her, used to being left out of important conversations.

"Uh, i guess ill be helping. I mean our brother is hardly easy to keep in line so Elijah will need all the help he can get"

"And why should I trust you?"

"Well, for one thing, in spite of a ravenous hunger, I have not tried to take your blood."

"Why not? I'm the only one here" Siggy had to give the girl credit, she had balls.

"We may be monsters but we do not feed on children"

Davina looked between the siblings noting that the girl must have been the same age as she when she died. With a final look she picks up a hat pin and pricks her finger. the blood drawing the two very hungry vampires to her finger.

She draws closer to Elijah and lets the blood drip onto his lip, as soon as his color starts to come back she walks over to Sigrid, instead of letting the girl drip the blood onto her lip she wraps her lips around the finger licking the liquid of her finger.

The blushing girl walked back over to her previous spot

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Do you play?" Elijah examines a broken violin

"That's... not mine" Siggy noted the sad note to the girls voice, and instead of making her usual sarcastic remark she kept quite.

The attic was quite, only for a moment as foot steps could be heard coming up the stairs. The siblings only looked at each other before taking a hiding place.

"Good news, Little D. I'm moving you out this pile of dust."

"Are you serious? When? "

Sigrid was waiting for the little witch to reveal that they were awake.

"Tonight. I just need to lock in the arrangements. How's our Original?"

"Uh, don't disturb the body! I have a spell in progress"

"Bet you do. Pack up, 'kay? Only what you wanna take. I'll buy ya anything else you need"

"Okay"

Footsteps echoed through out the attic as Marcel walked back out.

The siblings made their way out of there hiding place.

"You didn't reveal that we are awake"

"We're not done talking yet"

Elijah goes back to the violin and Sigrid takes a seat next to the witch.

"You and Marcel seem close" Siggy commented, she was too curious for her own good.

"Marcel's my family"

"And yet Marcel is someone who delights in harming the witches. Those people, I would think, you would consider family. This doesn't trouble you?"

"No. They deserve it"

"Why do you say that?" Sigrid had been around awhile and the one constant in the supernatural world was that witches supported each other sure you could get bad ones but there really were only a handful its just a shame they all seem to move to Mystic Falls.

"Cause they're liars. All of them"

And the story of the Harvest ritual began, each sibling looking at the witch with interest and slight horror.

"They made me and my friends do this Harvest ritual. They said our participation would bring our family strength, health... that we'd forever be celebrated as saviors of the community. But all they really wanted was more power. So, I left before they could get it. Now, they're running out of time, because after the Harvest, comes the Reaping. And if they don't complete the Harvest, there won't be a Reaping. Soon, all the witches in the Quarter will start to lose their power. Eventually, they will cease to be witches altogether"

"So what does it take to complete this ritual?" Elijah piped up.

With a sigh the little witch continued "I have to die"

The shocked looks on the Mikaelson siblings would have been funny given any other circumstance.