14 - Saving the Dragon

A/N: okay, let me just clear this up.

The only reason the Moon Fury won't die is because Hiccup is there. If he wouldn't go to save it, the dragon would die in the forest by itself. (Major spoilers for this chapter. Yes, I know. But I won't just create a character to kill him/her off... Or will I...)

*snicker snicker*

Eret, son of Eret is from Isunder. The movie has Eret, son of Eret because Drago enslaved Isunder, and he became a worker. Now that Hiccup is here, the likelihood of Drago attacking is less, and they have a better chance of defeating them.

.

Hiccup gasped as the painful thud of the Moon Fury crashing in the distance was heard. All the villagers cheered, and Hiccup climbed onto Toothless, preparing to take off.

"Whoa whoa... Where are you going, exactly?" Luneah asked, standing in the way of the dragon's flight path.

"To save the Moon Fury," he responded. "Now get out of my way."

"Wait, what? Hiccup, no!" She said, grabbing onto the saddle, just before they took off. "Not yet. The dragon is under a trance. She will do anything to kill you."

He nodded. "I know. I've seen those slotted eyes before. They were the same ones that attacked my village during raids. Are you coming, or will Toothless have to buck you off when we're five hundred feet in the air?"

Luneah rolled her eyes. "Move over, ya dork! I'm coming." She hopped on behind Hiccup, and held onto his waist, and they hurriedly raced to where they saw the Moon Fury crash.

Deep in the woods, on a cliff far from any establishment or village, a man clad in leather armor stood, looking at the new moon with slight distaste. He tossed a small rock into the air, letting it land in his palm, before throwing it back up again.

When a loud wave crashed against the sea cliff, he growled, and chucked the small pebble in the ocean. He didn't hear it land in the water. The waves were too strong that night.

He stared desperately at the dark horizon, wishing his feelings of loneliness could be filled.

"Now, what did that stone ever do to you?" He heard a voice behind him.

Turning to meet the person, he saw his wife standing there, with her arms crossed, an amused expression plastered on her beautiful face.

"Nothing, darling. Just miss her."

"You shouldn't be beating yourself up over it, though. It's not your fault," she said, coming up and laying a hand on his shoulder. "It's best this way. She's safer away from us."

"I know. I just feel as if we screwed up."

The woman winced before nodding. "Me too."

"Have you seen Mala? She was supposed to be back home by now."

"No, not lately. She didn't come in for breakfast today, and I wasn't here for lunch."

He bobbed his head once. "Well, I'll be off. No one is supervising the Great Protector, unless Mala somehow snuck up the mountain. I'll stay there tonight. Don't wait up for me."

"See you later, sweetie."

He jumped on his dragon, patted it, and let it take off into the crisp night air.

"Toothless, can't you go any faster?" Hiccup asked.

"What, you want me to go supersonic?" The dragon snapped back, speeding up a bit. "I want to get to her just as much as you do, Kay?"

Luneah pointed ahead. "I think she might've landed over there."

Toothless steered in that direction, wings pumping harder and faster than he ever had before.

Suddenly, Hiccup patted his dragon's side. "Slow down, bud. I think I see something."

Toothless obliged, sniffing the air, spinning around in the air. His wings tucked in, and they sped towards the ground, Toothless panting tiredly. Just before they hit the ground, Toothless stopped. Hiccup got off, and there was the Moon Fury, lying in a crater, which was quickly filling with dark red blood. A spear was lodged in her shoulder, almost touching the area where the wing meets the back. If it stayed, it would be impossible for her to move her wings and fly.

He stepped closer to the unconscious dragon, and took a roll of gauze out of his saddle pack. "Luneah, help me out here."

They grabbed onto the large spear, and pulled it out with much effort, and the dragon screeched, although it was still knocked out. Hiccup took the gauze and wrapped it around the dragon's shoulder. Once he finished, he stepped away.

"Toothless, do you think you can carry her to the treehouse?"

The dragon nodded, and Hiccup and Luneah climbed on. Toothless took off, hovering above the Moon Fury. He latched on with his talons and took to the skies in the direction of the tall tree.

Hiccup was impressed. Toothless was much stronger than he had ever thought before. The dragon was easily carrying a heavy leather saddle, two teenagers, and another Fury just about his own size. Perhaps Toothless' speed had something to do with it. If his wings were able to get him going that fast, they must have been extremely strong.

With the sky darkened by the loss of the moon, the two teens and two dragons took off to the western forest, the treehouse illuminated only by the stars.

.