25 - Changewings and Capes

Introducing TurtleKier42 's OC; Saphira

"Saphira! Get to work!"

The young teen cowered away, picking up a bucket of assorted fish and standing up. "Yes, Master."

The man left, and Saphira walked to the cages, cooing at the chained-down dragons. It was her job to feed the dragons because she was the only one that could actually approach them without getting bitten or blasted at.

She came upon one brilliant orange dragon, opening the cage with the ring of keys on her waist. She dropped to her knees, stroking the Changewing's head. The dragon shifted its head and nuzzled into the soft carresses.

"Hey, girl," Saphira whispered soothingly. "Feeding time."

The orange dragon lifted its snout and Saphira placed three large fish in front of her teeth, walking out and closing the door once more, making sure it was securely locked.

"I know you don't like it here." Saphira said to the creature who was lazily eating her food. "Neither do I. You and I are so alike. We'd rather be free. Maybe, if we ever escape this dump, you could take me flying."

When she was met with no answer, she smiled. "What am I talking about? Humans with dragons? I must be going crazy. See you later, girl."

She continued the job, stepping inside each enclosure, calming down the dragon, and feeding it the specified amount of fish. The nice Gronkle at the corner got two fish and one medium-sized stone. The Nadder got three fish. The Zippleback got two fish per head. The Hobblegrunt got two fish.

As she finished, Saphira made her way back into her room (which was just a dragon cell with furniture) and stayed there for the rest of the day.

That was her cycle. 

Her life. 

There was no variety.

Being stuck on a ship for most of her years had made Saphira more imaginative than ever before. The brilliant blue sapphire around her neck caused her to think her real parents must have been some sort of dignitaries, to be able to afford such a large stone.

Of course, that just made her more excited, knowing that if her parents ever found her, she would be taken all the way around the world, seeing new places, meeting new people.

That was all Saphira longed for. Adventure.

But she had given up on her parents finding her years ago. They either hated her, or died. Why else would they leave her here?

Alas, Saphira couldn't help but have the tiniest ounce of hope left...

Luneah growled, gripping Hiccup's shoulder, trying to sew a metal piece onto his armor. He refused to stay still, however, cauing Luneah to nearly prick herself with the needle multiple times. "Hold still!"

"Why?" He protested (whined). "You can do this without me wearing the armor."

"I don't have a mannequin and you refused to get one from Elise's workshop for me, so you're staying here," she ordered.

Hiccup sighed, squirming in his seat. "Fine."

"I don't know why you're being all bratty about it." She said, continuing to sew the metal plate on, making sure it was even with the other side. "This will make it look cooler!"

"I'm being a brat because I hate staying still—" He yelped as she pinched his side in annoyance.

"Stop moving!"

"No!"

She sighed and tied the thread, chewing at the string to cut it. "Done!"

She picked up the black cape, using the similar metal circles on the top two corners to hold the cape on his shoulders. With a small press and a twist, the cape was secured on.

"There! It looks good, doesn't it?" She asked, taking a step back to admire her work.

Hiccup looked at Luneah's work, and shifted his arm. Even with the extra movement, the metal piece stood strong and the cape was stuck onto the metal piece. "Yeah! You did good."

She smiled, and pressed down on his shoulders, twisting the pieces to disconnect them and leave the black leather plain.

"Did you do that to the rest of the capes?" He asked, undoing the belts and ties that held his chestpiece together. As he pulled the armor off, he set it down inside his wooden chest filled with armor and closed the lid.

"Yeah. I also made the metal pieces for the armor. I just need you to finish the armor."

His eyes lit up with excitement. "Okay then! Follow me!"

He led her to the elevator, stepping onto a board which took them up to the penthouse. As he passed the two Furies he patted each one on the head, and then pulled a large trunk out from under his bed.

"What's that?" Luneah asked.

Hiccup pulled out a key, opening the lock on the chest, and pushing open the box. He pulled a black fabric off the top, revealing the contents of the wooden chest.

"You should probably get to work." He stated, staring proudly at his work.

Luneah's mouth dropped open. "They're beautiful."

"I know," Hiccup smiled, shrugging nonchalantly.

Luneah's lips turned upwards in a smile, and she kissed Hiccup quickly, bending down to pick up the heavy chest and taking it down to her work floor. Midnight got up from her spot next to Toothless to follow Luneah and keep her company.

"See you in a couple hours!" Luneah called back to Hiccup.

Hiccup knew it wouldnt be just a few hours. She would probably be gone the rest of the day, and most of tomorrow. He smiled to himself. He had already found something to distract Luneah from her self-imposed guilt. He was good at this.

"Bye!" He called out, smiling internally, not even realizing he was in fact smiling outwardly too.

.