29 - The Laws of Attraction

"Luna."

Luneah continued sketching, not even realizing Hiccup calling her name. She was so focused on recreating her very accurate map of the archipelago and the Isles West of Europe.

"Captain."

Not even responding to her "Professional" name, Luneah glanced over to her explorer's map, measuring out one of the isalnd's diameter, and distance from it's closest sister island. She drew the shape's relative size, then began sketching out the details.

Her bottom lip was held firmly in the grasp of her teeth, something she did often when she was focused or deep in thought. She pushed some of her hair back from her face, tucking it behind her ear. As she did so, her loose shirt slipped further down her shoulder.

"Luneah."

She wrote down the name neatly, and labeling two major towns and trading posts, coloring it in with a bright green, and labeling the types of unique flora and fauna in small letters next to it, including any rare dragons that could be found on the isle. She crossed off the island's name on the list next to her.

She was listing down the rare dragons that could be found on Lone Tooth Island when Hiccup had enough.

"Luneah Egirium!"

She startled and looked up, her charcoal pencil pausing right above the page.

"Yes?"

Hiccup sighed in relief. "Thank goodness. I was starting to think you'd gone deaf."

"No, I was just... very enthralled by my work."

He pouted. "Come on, Cartography can't be as interesting as today is."

Luneah raised an eyebrow, setting down her pencil. "What's today?"

"I dunno what is today?" He retorted, feeling bratty all of a sudden.

"Sunday," she deadpanned, raising an eyebrow. 

He rolled his eyes before throwing his hand up in the air excitedly, making jazz hands. "It's our six month anniversary!" He pulled her closer by the waist, and peppered her face with kisses, causing her to squeal and giggle in his arms.

"Happy half-year!" She said, laughing as his lips pressed against the area where her neck met her shoulder.

"Happy half-year, Milady."

She scrunched up her nose, pushing him away with her soldiers. "Ugh. Bringing that back again?"

"What's wrong with it?!"

She crossed her arms. "Really? Milady? Wow. How cheesy can you get?"

"A lot of people call you that! Your soldiers call you that! Why can't I...?" He sent her an over-exaggerated pout and she pressed her fingers to his cheeks, pulling his face back into a smile.

"Yeah, a lot of people do. But..." She slid her hands from his face down to his shoulders in a manner that she hoped was seductive. "They're not my boyfriend..."

"Ah..." He nodded, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Playing the 'boyfriend card', now are we?"

"What? What 'boyfriend card'?" She asked mockingly. "Just saying. You have the right to call me any pet name you want, yet you choose 'Milady'?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What do you want me to call you? 'Babe'?"

She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Ew. No."

"I know. It felt weird when I said it."

She thought for a moment. "Sweetheart?"

Hiccup shrugged. "Seems a bit cliché. Honey?"

"Same deal."

"Love?"

She smiled. "Perfect. And 'Amare'."

"'Love' in Latin?"

"Awww." Luna cooed, tapping his nose a few times affectionately. "You're learning Latin!"

Hiccup shook his head adn scrunched up his nose, chuckling. "Al's teaching me. Since you don't have anymore time for me..."

"Shut up. I have time for you. And of course Allen is teaching you. I told him to. How much do you know so far?"

"I know that you are the love of my life, and I am forever grateful to have you."

"You're the cheesiest person ever, you know that?"

"That's me!"

Saphira gasped as the explosion threw her back. Her head nearly hit the wooden floor, and she scrambled back farther against the wall as smoke tumbled in through the cracks in the roof. The soldiers were scurrying above, and many dragons were landing on the deck.

Saphira presumed that the free dragons were saving their captured friends.

The smoke created a thick cloud in the dragon dungeons, closing in on Saphira's corner of fresh air.

She grabbed her thin blanket, ripping a small sheet from it, and dumping it into the bucket of fresh drinking water she was given every day, wringing out the excess and holding it over her nose and mouth.

But, the smoke was too thick, and she felt herself losing consciousness. The black and grey creeped into the corners of her vision, and it was impossible to balance. Or maybe that was just he rocking of the ship itself.

Just then, a four-winged dragon the teen had had never seen before crashed through the floor and into the hallway. A figure clad in painted leather armor hopped off the dragon, peering around the room until came across Saphira, gasping at the young teen's state.

The person used her staff to wedge open the door, breaking the lock and quickly picking up Saphira, placing her on the unknown dragon. The soldier broke open all the other cages and the dragons' shackles before climbing on the dragon and taking off.

Just as they took to the skies, Saphira's world finally went to black.

.