detention

I rolled over in my bed letting out a big groan as I turned off my alarm. 6:30. Not my time of day. I squinted my eyes open blinking away the sleep in my eyes and checked through my social media. I had quite a few Facebook friend requests obviously from people at my new school and some new followers on instagram. I followed most of them back and then got out of bed and put on my dressing gown. I made my way down stairs and made myself a cuppa tea. I was about to shout to my parents if they wanted one but as I saw a note on the side I stopped. It read 'hey Vicky, we've gone for another business meeting and this ones a long one. A whole month! Sorry we couldn't say goodbye, theres money in the cupboard and ring us if you need anything'. It kinda annoyed me that they couldn't say goodbye but I loved being home alone so I wasnt too bothered. I opened the larder and got out some granola, yogurt and natural fruit making my all time healthy favourite breakfast to keep me going until I got home again. I looked up at the time and it was already half seven so I went to get washed and brush my teeth. After that I went to my wardrobe and picked out some some blue jeans with some pretty diamonds on the butt pockets that travelled to the front pockets. To accompany that I had a burgandy off the shoulder jumper with a vest underneath and a heart diamond necklace. I just left my hair natural and put on my basic makeup: foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, mascara, eyebrows and lipstick. I put a bottle of water in my bag looked in the mirror and made my way downstairs checking my phone. Shit! It's 5 minutes till school started and I live about a 20minute walk away.oops! I quickly locked the door and walked , not bothering with music today. About 3minutes later a black car slowed beside me. I was a bit worried that they were gonna mug me or something so I sped up, knowing that they could too. The window opened and a British accent spoke "get in". I pretened not to hear as they could just be some thugs wanting to kill me! Lol bit far? "Victoria" the voice spoke and then I realised that the voice sounded a hell of a lot like Thomas' so I turned my head. "Thomas, what are you doing?" "Well looks like you and me are both going to be late so best be late together" he spoke with no emotion in his voice. "I thought you hated me?" I was generally confused. "Never said I hated you Victoria, just don't trust you. You arent so different to all the other girls." I frowned as I reluctantly got in the car. I sat down and waited for him to drive again. "Put your seat belt on" he spoke. "What do you mean? I'm not different to the others?" I questioned, ignoring his order without looking at him. He just sighed and began to lean real close to me, I panicked a bit and my heart was racing I have no idea why. His face was inches from mine and I was confused what was happening but all I could focus on was his eyes and how they had little emotion in. Everything quickly stopped as he pulled away holding my seat belt and clipping it in. my heart fluttered at the fact he wanted me to be safe in his car. What the hell? He was rude to me yesterday and today? I'm not even sure what's going on right now lol. "Look Victoria, its seems harsh and all but every single girl I have ever known has turned out the same. I open up to them, get close, become real close friends and find out she's just like one of our 'fans'. Dylan and ki like you , a lot and I don't even know you because I don't want to. Not because your you, but because if I get to know you, like you, and then your like everyone else I will hate myself okay?" Thomas spoke. Hes so sweet, in a weird way. "First of all, please call me Vicky or Vic. Second, I totally get you not wanting to open up because the fear of the past but that's not fair on me. Thirdly, I will try to be friends with you , but if you are constantly rude to me then it's your loss" I smirked and I realised we were just sat in the school car park for a bit now and he was intently watching me speak. I winked at him and got out the car and walked towards reception. "Okay victor- vicky" he corrected him self as I breathed a laugh. "You know we are probably going to get a late detention" he stated and if just on Que a women in her 60's came up to us and told us to go to some room at lunch for a 15 minute detention. We both huffed and walked together to the lockers, what were both next to each other. That made me remember his cool locker "your locker is pretty cool by the way" I let out and he looked at me trying to hide a smile. "You think?" "Yeah, it looks so different to the others, Matt black is nice" "yeah, its basic but classy". I didn't reply to that as there was nothing to say but he kept the convosation going, so much for not wanting to be friends. "What have you got first?" His voice was so attractive lol. "Art, you?" "Same, there's a seating plan which is the worst and he sits me on my own every time" "haha! Probably because your some weirdo that don't like talking to girls" I joked and winked at him. He put his face in his hand and chuckled. Finally , we were at art. Not like we were 20minutes late or anything. Thomas sat in his seat and I went up to the middle aged man. He looked about 30 and had a kind looking face. "Aaaa you must be Vicky." "Umm yeah" I smiled as he called me by my preferred name. "Okay, well seeing as there's no other spare seats, looks like your sitting next to Mr sangster, Thomas you okay with that?" "Thomas looked up scanning between me and the teacher and slowly nodded. About half way through the lesson Thomas didn't seem too talkative anymore but he let me look through is art book. His drawings were amazing. There was drawings from patterns to shoes to self portraits. It was amazing "wow Thomas, your work is amazing" he looked up at me, gave me a small smile and shook his head then looked straight ahead again. "I'm being honest you know, I would be so proud if that was my work" "thanks Vic" he then gave me a genuine smile and I got up and walked round the class. I wanted to see other peoples work to compare to Thomas's. I made small conversation with most people who seemed to like me and I could feel Thomas's eyes following everywhere I went. I made my way back to my own desk and whispered "yours is definitely the best" and looked away. I heard his breath hitch at how close my lips were to his ear but he tried to cover it up with a breathy laugh. This is gonna be fun, playing with Thomas's feelings while he tries to stay away and not accept me.
Soon enough it was lunch and I had my detention. Me and Thomas agreed to meet by reception because I didn't know where the detention room was. I met up with him and started walking in silence. "Have you got any lunch with you?" Oh God, here we go. Having to lie about food. "Oh, no. I dont take packed lunch, do you?" I questioned. "No, I get something from cafe". "Cool", and then we walked through the door for the detention. "Thomas and Vicky , thanks for coming , sit anywhere." I sat down on a two person table thinking that Thomas would sit the other side of the room but he sat right next to me. I thought back to art when I made his breathing hitch and wanted to do it again. I know he likes me as a friend but I want him to be so comfortable with me to tell me . "So are you late very often?" I whispered to him so the teacher wouldn't hear. "Occasionally, I just forget the time" he laid his head down on the desk facing away from me. "Whyd you sit next to me if you won't even look I me" I chuckled a little. "I have no Idea Vicky" he breathed still not looking at me. I smirked at my idea. My hand creeped down and touched his knee under the table. I felt him clench and his breath hitched again. I kept my hand there for the rest of the detention and then spoke "you will open up to me Thomas" and got up as our time was up. "Stop playing with me Vic" I smirked at me as we made our way to cafe. "I don't know what you mean" I smirked back. We got in cafe and I immediately saw my friends staring at me and Thomas. I waved and started to make my way over there until Thomas grabbed my arm. "Youre getting food first", here comes the lies again. "Oh I'm not hungry at the moment" "you didn't eat yesterday lunch either, your going to get lunch" I smiled at him because he was being sweet and just agreed. I got a ham panini and Thomas got a pizza slice. Dylan and ki were waiting for Thomas at the end of the Que. "So Vicky, thomas? What's going on here? You've been together for half of lunch!" Thomas shrugged so I explained how we had a detention. Dylan was just wriggling his eyebrows making me role my eyes. "Looks like Thomas has changed his mind about you" ki Hong said. "Not yet" I winked and then made my way to my friends who were going to ask me millions on questions too.