Flickering Flame

Because she is amazing. I've know her so long and she's always been so nice, I love her. one of my besties, errm, what else to say? Um, she's an amazing wirter and yeah, this dedi is for the pillow castles, the tresure hunts, Sims, our Guinea pigs' wedding, all the sleepovers and the entire year of grade four (and all the stuff I forgot to say).

__________________________________

Ps- The picture is of Naia, one of the best ones I've found :D

___________________________________________________________________________

"You cannot separate water by beating it with a fork."~ Indian Proverb

ღ Flickering Flame ღ

I knew she was the only one who heard me. She gave a wolfish grin and then turned on her heel, snapping her fingers for the group to follow. How demeaning, if someoned snapped their fingers at me, there is no way in hell I would follow them off, as the group were doing now. One of the guys, with deep black hair and alluring blue eyes, gave me a wink before turning to follow Scarlett/Aeliana. I felt my heart do little jumps in my chest. First day here and possibly the most gorgeous guy in the school/world seemed to like me! Then I felt shallow, realising that infact he could be quite a horrible person. My heart sank further as he caught up to Aeliana and she put her slimy, man-stealing, child-murdering, life-sucking tentacle of an arm around him, and he put his tanned, muscley arm around her.

I sat down on the old bench under a tree to think. Only minutes later a girl slid down from the tree and sat beside me. She was of small build, with long curly natural blonde hair and emerald eyes. She wore makeup, a little mascara and foundation, but nothing like the over use on Aeliana's face.

"Hey, I'm Jo." she said extending her hand.

"Naia." I said shaking her hand.

"Sorry about not like stepping in to help you, I couldn't be sure you wouldn't......." she paused.

"Join forces with the devil?" I offered.

"Yeah." she laughed.

ღღღ

Jo (which I found out was short for Josephine) turned out to be really nice. The second true friend I'd made since moving. Sadly that was bout it for the good news. The whole seems to be obsessed with the Devil (as Jo and I call Aeliana, or sometimes we call her Scar) and her little clique. When someone new arrives at the school, Scar and her goup assess them on their physical beauty. If there are deemed 'pretty enough' they go over to them and invite them into, no, more like tell them that they are in the group. "What happenes if they don't want to be in the group? What if they say no?" I remember asking. Jo told me that had only happened once. And the person was hated by the group ever since. It turns out, that was Jo. The people who aren't approached dispare and from then on desperately get hair cuts, new styles, new clothes, everthything to try and get in. Naturally someone who didn't get in would hate someone like Jo, who got in but turned down the offer. Which explains why, before me, Jo had no friends. There are a very small group of students who hate the Devil and her friends as much as us. They aren't obseessed with getting in. Sadly, they hate Jo too, they think she tried hard to get in then turned down the offer in an attempt to become more popular. They never even bothered to get to know, and realise she would never do that. This in my eyes made them just as bad as the others.