Burning Up

Because Pond is so sweet! My IC buddy. And because mermaids live in ponds. xD The Song is one that I want to be played at my funeral, so since there's a funeral early on in this chapter, I thought it would be good, also I listen to that song a million times when I write. The pictures are Naia, Aeliana, Jo, Addie, Mick and Perro, finally I put a cast up, but that may change, we'll see ;)_____________________________________________________________________________

ღBurning Upღ

It actually didn’t take Perreno and I long to find Aeliana. She was standing far away and she had her back to us, so I ran up and tackled her from behind with inhuman speed and strength. Perreno ran up to us and pointed his blaster at Aeliana.

"Don’t shoot her just yet, this could be our chance to get some answers." I instructed Perro. He nodded and kept the blaster pointed at the ground. "What are you?" I asked Aeliana fiercely. She laughed, a deep, powerful cackle the only someone truly insane could manage.

"Y-you haven’t figured it out yet? Hahahaha!" She went on laughing and when we didn’t answer she paused to speak,"I'll let you figure it out." Well whatever she is, she's clearly a capable killer, "Oh, and you were right," she added, as if she could read my thoughts, "I am a trained assassin." Just a coincidence, there's no way she knows what I'm thinking. At least I was right about her being a trained murderer. She continued to laugh as I rolled my eyes and could't stop myself from smirking,

"But this time, even with your training, I’ve won. I’ve stopped you and now you’re probably going to die." she just laughed a bit more before saying:

"But, you see, it is I who have won! You were too late! The girl is already dead! Haa ha ha ha ha ha! The police will find her body by morning." Then, with yet another laugh and a bright flash of light she was gone. Perro fired his blaster at her but it was a split-second too late and the shot missed her, leaving a small hole in the grass where she had been.

"Must have been some sort of short range teleport like we use, she can’t have gone far." Perro said, taking the antidote from me and carefully applying it to the hole in the ground. Perreno kept babbling on about how we could probably trace the signal from the teleport and catch her if we acted quickly, but I didn’t care. All I could do was sit there as thoughts of what Aeliana had said swam through my mind. I had been too late. I was too late to save Jo! She was dead! Aeliana had killed her!!! Aeliana said so. 'The police will find her body by morning.' No, no, no, no! Not Jo! But I knew it was the truth.

Jo is dead, Jo is dead, my BFF is dead, Jo is dead, she's dead, that monster killed Jo! Thoughts circled and circled in my mind until I reached the conclusion: it was my fault. Entirely my fault, everything is my fault. What kind of friend was I? It's my fault Aeliana or Scarlett or I don't give a damn what she calls her self! but It's my fault that monster, that demon is here. She must be here because of me, if she's an assassin of some kind then maybe she failed to kill me in Pompeii and now she's trying again. And poor Jo go caught in the crossfire. I dragged her into helping me provoke Scarlett, then I was too late to save her. I let her get killed. I was too late...

ღღღ

The funeral was held a fortnight later. It was horrific. The minister was saying something but I could not pay any attention. It was my fault, my fault she was dead. I had felt the same way at Clara’s funeral a few days earlier, but this was much worst, as I hadn’t known Clara very well. In fact, I hadn’t met her until she was murdered. She was innocent, they both were. My mind flashed back to Clara’s body, lying in Mick’s backyard. Blood everywhere and that awful stillness of her corpse, and the foul smell, which always reminds me of death. I don’t think I can ever watch an episode of 'The Mentalist' again.