Part 1

The sly fox, known as the officer Nick Wilde, leaned back in his chair with a sigh. He was scratching his head, trying to get rid of his annoying thoughts.

"What's wrong?" A little grey bunny, Officer Judy Hopps, walked towards Nick's desk and asked him. Her big purple eyes eyed the fox wondering what is wrong with her partner.

"Oh, nothing." The fox started and sat up in his chair. "I guess I'm just trying to figure something out is all."

Judy was now even more interested in what is going on with Nick. "What are you trying to figure out?" She asked all so casually, hopping around to her desk near her partner.

"It's just that I... I live alone right?" He rhetorically asked, Judy only nodded. "And I realized that it is hard to live alone, and was thinking if there could be someone who would wanna live with me."

"I can."

"What? Why carrots?" Nick asked in confusion and looked at her surprised. Why would SHE want to live with HIM? They may get along, but not all the time.

Judy's eyes widen, she did not mean to say it out loud. "Ah, sorry I didn't mean it!" She became really nervous. "I- it's just that where I live is very small and I would... Like if you'd agree to be roommates." She was speaking quietly, feeling embarrassed.

"Oh," Nick replied. "If you put it like that, Carrots. Then we could go look for a place after work if you want." Nick finished and returned to his work.

Judy's heart was pounding fast. She would live with Nick?! She was never prepared for this, living with her work partner. But the thing is that she has been developing feelings for the other species. A bunny loves a fox.' She laughed at her unreal thought.

"What's funny?" The orange fox heard her laughter and was wondering what the cause is. Her face heat up and her ears dropped low, did she do that again? She looked away and hid in her desk. "Carrots?"

"N- Nothing. Nothing is funny, sorry." She got up and left. "I'm off to the washroom." When walking away Judy could feel the Fox's weird looks at her, which made her hop even faster to the washroom.

Cold water splashed on her face, she looked in the mirror and frowned. 'You cannot do this.' She thought to herself. 'You are both different, fox and bunny.' She sighed, knowing her feelings were a waste of time.

The rest of the day she continued working next to her partner, every second more anxious and nervous. The day ended slower than Judy wanted. She was about to head to her own house when Nick called and stopped her. "Judy! Where are you going?!" He yelled and he never used her first name, meaning it was serious.