Part 6

A month has passed and the air between the two animals has been heavy and awkward. They only talked about work and tried avoiding each other. Especially Nick, he became embarrassment from what he said, he thought Judy hated him for calling her cute.

He sighed and rested his head on his pillow as he didn't get any sleep another night. The sounds from the washroom notified him that Judy was up and awake. The sounds stopped and a door was slammed. Seconds later a soft knock was heard on his door. "Nick? Are you awake?" Judy's sweet voice asked.

Nick got up from his squeaky bed; only in his boxers he opened the door. Judy's eyes looked away from his figure as he stood in the entrance to his room. "I'm awake." He said quietly and looked for her gentle eyes.

"Great, we're leaving in half an hour." She announced and left to continue getting ready. Nick stared at her walking away from him and sighed as she was out of sight.

Judy has been thinking about telling Nick about what she really feels. But every time she got nervous and angry at herself. She almost fell as she walked into the living room and bumped into Nick. A second before she fell, Nick took a hold of her lower back holding her. "Sorry." She apologized and tried to release herself.

"No need to be sorry." The fox said smugly, trying to fix things with Judy. He released her and they walked out of the apartment.

At work they took turns on glancing at each other. Judy was thinking of what to say to Nick when she'll try to confess. When would she do that? How? What would she say? Frustrated, she placed her head on the table sighing.

She jumped as she felt a hand on the top of her head. "Time to go, partner." Nick smiled and pointed towards the exit. She smiled, stood up and left the police office with the fox.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sorry it's short ;°;