Five: You Must Make Sure to Never Look Back...

They shove me in the back of a black van, ramming my head up against the side of the car as I sat down. I hissed quietly and glared at all of them for handling me so god damn roughly, adjusting my wrists so I could start to wriggle my way out of the handcuffs. I restricted my movements of my shoulders so they wouldn't be suspicious of my trying to get free. Although the guy that first grabbed me looked smarter than the rest of the gang here, so I made sure to keep an eye on him, as he was so clearly doing the same.

He caught me staring at him with narrowed eyes and smirked a little bit, he must've been at least 25, the edges of his face say so. "You need something Alex?" He asked, obviously trying to get on my good side. Unfortunately for him, I don't have one, especially for gang members.

I think I heard his name was Nolan, which was a strange name, like from a different country strange. I lowered my brows to him after he spoke and turned my head away. I still felt his stare even though I wasn't looking at him, and focused on squeezing my wrists free. It was getting to the point where it was starting to become painful and I sneaked a few glances around me, knowing full well of Nolan's stare along with some random guys next to me.

My eyes caught sight of the keys on the burly man sitting across from me, holding onto the straps on the ceiling as the van moved and bounced about. I pondered a moment a way to get them when something silver glinted right next to me on the guys belt.

Knife. A small one, but just right.

"So, you really don't talk do you?" Nolan asked another question, even though I ignored him. "Come on, not even a hello? Smart remark? How about a fierce growl." He laughed, along with the girl next to him. I gave him an annoyed look. Maybe I overestimated how clever he is.

"Maybe if I pinch her she'll release a squeak." The guy on my other side suggested.

"Cut it out. We don't need her to talk." The woman Georgie snapped up in the passenger's seat, her eyes laid out on the road ahead, her braids hanging loosely on her shoulders.

Nolan snorted out loud. "Uh, yes we do we she's going to do jobs for us." I roll my eyes at his confidence. "Although maybe she's as grumpy and mean as the report says Georgie." He finished giving me a grin at my expression.

Oh no, I'm a very loveable person. Didn't you get that on the reports too?

Their was a huge bump in the road and hence my not being able to hold onto anything I fell sideways on the guy next to me. He grumbled as he shoved me off him immediately and went back to glaring at nothing in front of him. I gave him a weird look and positioned myself upright again.

"Almost there. How's she doing?" Georgie called back after a good twenty minute silence, a small conversation between the members every now and then.

"Quiet. Giving dirty looks." Nolan answered, looking at me with amusement. "Pretty good it seems."

Some of them chuckled lowly at that. I stared back at the ground, shifting my shoulders around. They won't be laughing for long.

The van came to a slow stop, shaking as the amount of people in it throw it off balance. Georgie hops out and comes around the back, unlocking the hatch to the door with a loud thunk. I prepare myself by taking a calming slow breath and allow the guy next to me to guide me forward and out of the back. I jump down and keep myself close to the vehicle, hoping to stay as far away from these people as possible.

Nolan talked to a few of the members who walked off to do something for him while he headed towards me, clapping his hands together in obvious excitement. My expression showed him no mercy on his stupid happy mood. "Oh cheer up Alex, we are going to have so much fun here."