Chapter 1

My mom told me that once I found my mate everything would change, he would love me, and he would accept me for who I am no matter what people thought. She said this before she and my dad were attacked by rogues. If she were still alive I would tell her two things, one I love and miss her, and two she was dead wrong about love.

---

"Wake up bitch! First day of school!!!!" My brother yelled into my bedroom.

He wasn't always this happy and cheerful. A year after our parent's death, he became mute, and he didn't talk to anyone, not even me. That was until he met his mate Sophia. She is the nicest girl I've ever known. She made my brother Xavier better.

They are the cutest mated couple ever to me. Xavier has dark brown buzzed cut hair that reminds me of a Grizzly Bear's fur, and then the most beautiful pair of emerald eyes. He's pretty buff, but then again most male werewolves are, and he is about six foot two inches. Sophia is the total opposite from him; she is short but cute in a five foot two kind of way. Her hair is burgundy and her eyes are the color of Costa Rica's ocean. They were one of the many couples that proved my mom's theory was right for the most part.

After ten minutes of laying in my bed I finally decided to go get dressed for my first day of my last year in high school. I'm not popular like I use to be. When my parents were alive I was always loud, and people loved to be around me, but now I do almost everything by myself. The first year after my parent's death people use to just hang out with me and talk to me out of pity and I hated it. So later on when I started putting distance between my fellow pack members and myself, they finally got the message and started to leave me alone. They acted as though I didn't even exist and to be honest I liked it.

Once I finally got out the shower I threw on my dark blue ripped skinny jeans from American eagle and my long sleeved California Republic shirt, I went to my mirror and took my hair out of its wet tight bun to reveal my brunette waved hair. For my makeup all I did was add some eye liner and curl my eyelashes to bring out my icy blue eyes. I didn't worry too much about my appearance, because I'm just going to school so who do I have to impress there. Most of the girls in my school wore a lot of make-up but I didn't, and neither did my best friend Jessie. She was the only true friend I had after my so called other "friends" left, she was the only one that actually stayed and helped me. To me she was gorgeous she had the most stunning blue eyes that went perfectly with her golden honey glazed /blonde hair. She was five foot seven with long legs while I was only five foot five.

I grabbed my back pack and ran down my stairs only to find Xavier and Sophia in a very heated moment on the couch. Most people would have said ewe and ran away trying to burn the image of their sibling making out with someone, but I think they are absolutely cute! They didn't even realize I was there and I didn't want to come between them so I tip toed out my front door.

When my parents died, they signed the house over to my brother seeing how he was the pack's greatest warrior and older than me so they let him have it. I didn't complain because when I find my mate I'd live with him, which I can't wait for. I've felt so alone these past couple of years so having my mate by my side would really make me happy for once. Even though my brother loves me I would just like to experience a different type of love that only my mate can give.

I started my journey to my school, which happens to be a school that consisted of both humans, and werewolves. The humans just didn't know about our type. My school is only ten minutes away from my house so I usually don't mind the walk there.

HONK HONK!!!!!! I was so caught up in my thoughts that when I heard the loud car horn I jumped about ten feet in the air.

I turn around only to find my favorite blonde hair blue eyed babe dying of laughter. I really disliked this girl with a burning passion sometimes, but I guess that's what makes our friendship stronger.