The Royal Thrive - Chapter 2 - The Royal Palace

Chapter 2 

"Are you ready yet Raine?" Zain walks into my room as I slipped on my heels and eyeing my outfit Zain blows a wolf whistle "My partner looks hot tonight" Smirking he makes his way over to me offering his hand to help me stand up. "You don't look so bad yourself" I complimented back taking his hand as he pulled me up to my feet and links my arm with his as he led me out my room and down the stairs where my parents and the Alpha's family was waiting. "Darling you look beautiful" My dad smiled whilst he held hands with my mother. "Thanks, dad" I smiled back. 

"Shame I can't go" Jayden's voice called behind me making me turn around to see him actually for once not at Linda's side "You can go in my place if you want" I offered truthfully because I seriously can't be bothered socialising then again, I'm actually one of the very few werewolves that can actually go to the palace. Apparently it's beautiful - well I suppose it is since it isn't called a palace for nothing. "We shall get going, we cannot be late for an event like this" The Alpha calls the cue and we all head towards the two black limousines that is waiting for us, the Alpha's family went in one along with a two fighters in the pack and myself and my family went in the other one. 

The journey to the palace was long - about a 45 minutes journey, and during the whole journey my mother was telling me the basics of acting appropriately in front of everyone else. I know who to act for sure but I seriously didn't want to act fake in front of people. "Ok we're here" My father points and as we pulled out of the huge dark forrest it revealed a huge - no scrap that, it's humongous palace. The huge palace gates were guarded and only allowed entrance for those approved - special guards were placed to check everyone thoroughly. "This is sure high profile" Zain let's out an amazed scoff as he rolled down the windows the see the queue waiting to be checked and approved to be allowed into the palace. "How long does it usually take to do these checks, dad?" I asked and he looks at his watch as he pushed his sleeve up a bit. "I'd say around half an hour judging by the fact we're in a long queue" Answering me I rolled my eyes, but then was grateful he said about half an hour because the queue was just ridiculous. 

"Hey since we're all going to be waiting, let's chill" Zain smiles as he bring out a pack of cards, "You actually took them here? Are you crazy?" I laughed whilst Zain grinned goofily "I figured we're all going to be waiting" He winks like he just figured the worlds worse math question. "Hey, count me in this one" my dad joins in and my mum sighed shaking her head at us. 

Soon it was our turn to be checked and packing the cards back in the box it came with the guards checked the invitation card my dad had hold of him and made him sign some papers, whilst we were all required to give them our fingerprint stamp - apparently these guards were able to tell who we were just by looking at our fingerprints. "You may enter the palace" The granted access before walking to the next behind us. With the large black gates pulling open we entered the palace, both me and Zain stared at our surroundings - there has been a lot of pretty things I've seen in my life but what is standing around me is probably the most beautiful place I've ever laid my eyes on. 

The palace walls were perfectly lined in fact where the palace walls ended couldn't really be seen where I am right now. Pulling up by the entrance and stepping out Zain grabbed hold of me as we both adored the palace's beauty. You can tell that further inside is even bigger and grand - these royals sure live a life in luxury. 

A red carpet was rolled out from the entrance and bodyguards were placed around it, walking along the red carpet was slightly intimidating I have to admit because I am representing my pack, now I wish I had found a mate so my mother wouldn't be so adamant about taking me here. "Nervous?" Zain asked as he smiled and looked ahead, so also not looking at him the both of us stepped up the marble stairs ready to enter the proper palace building. "How can you not?" I answered and pulling my arm closer to him he reassures me "Don't worry, if anything happens we have each other" These words may sound shallow and flirtatious on any other occasions but right now, they were perfect - we both need each other. 

Entering the grand palace, the light blinded our eyes, inside there were pillars made out of gold and white marble, crystal lightening, even the marble floor we was walking on seemed to be brand new, without a scratch on is visible. "Sir, Madam please help your self with the refreshers table, if you need any help please don't hesitate to ask us" The butler dressed in a black tuxedo points at the refreshers table at the side of the room as he gave us his polite smile "Thanks" Zain and I both said at the same time and made our way to the table to grab a drink. Suppose it's rude if you don't take what they're offering and reminding you. Grabbing a glass of champagne we headed into the actual ballroom and inside was just as or in fact more grand than the entrance. Inside it was filled with people in their best attire, some I recognised because of pack meetings that I went about two times in my whole life. 

"This is some ball" Zain's eyes widened and I could hear him gulp "So the confident Zain actually have occasions where he is weak at the knees" I teased for which he returns a playful glare before we went on to my parent's side. "So is this Raine? I've been hearing a lot about you from your parents" A masculine voice called as my mother pulled me next to her proudly as my dad shook hands with the tall dark stranger who is looking at me with his green eyes - "Raine, this is the beta of the Southern Moon Pack, say hello" Politely I gave him a 'hello' and so did Zain, it wasn't soon that he held out his hand for me to shake "Such a pretty young lady, it's a shame that you haven't found your mate yet. I'm sure you will soon" He smiles as I shook his hand in return then our hands parted, "How are you finding this year's ball?" The beta turns back to my dad, soon the two was having a good conversation about the two pack's. "So where are these royals?" Zain looked around whilst I elbowed him softly making him pay attention to the people in front of us. 

After the formal introduction, the entire hall of people was led to the dinning room - this is where the royals will make there appearance. In the dining room the tables were all round with around 12 people at each table. Led to out table with my pack waiters dressed in formal clothing carried trays of food with them and stopping at each table, the food presented on beautiful decorated plates was placed on the surface of our tables. However this isn't just on our plate because whilst this was happening the only table that wasn't taken in the room, in the centre of all attention is now being occupied. 

The rest of the room immediately stands up from their seats to greet the royals as they arrive into the room one by one. "Raine!" My mum scolded in a whisper as I was picking at the food after not being fed at home "Crap!" I cursed and stood up watching the royals enter. Little did I know that I nearly forgot how to breathe. 

Before you leave please vote and comment below ^^