The Royal Thrive - Chapter 3 - Naomi and Anna

His majesty and her highness both walk into the room, like a couple from a fairytale. They wore matching outfits, and you can tell just from far away the material that were used to make their outfit was expensive - his majesty - wait why am I even calling him his majesty? Since when did I even bother naming people so formally? Cursing them for their perfect genes; so perfect it made me forget about myself I rolled my eyes but kept watching to see who else is going to walk out. Next is the prince - slightly older than myself, his hair is styled perfectly to shape his face the ends of his hair were just covering his honey coloured eyes. You can clearly tell he inherited the genes well. "Please all sit" The King called in his powerful voice and obeying his wishes everyone sat back down as they took the seat. As soon as they sat the banquet started with food rolling in every now and then - servants were near us for our beck and call. Talk about excellent service. 

"Man, the food is so good here" Zain picked at the seafood whilst I was trying to get at the chicken and just as I was getting the chicken I hear Zain scoff "Vat upus?" I asked whilst stuffing my face "Look" Zain motioned his head towards the table where the royals sat and right there I saw them just sitting there drinking looking around as their servants was picking the food for them and stripping bones and shells from the seafood along with the other food that were on their table. "Are you serious?" I gulped and looked back at Zain who just pulled a astonished expression. Looking back once more I frowned, now I'm starting to feel out of place here everyone is so formal and elegant and there is me picking at the chicken wings but then again I'm not alone on that part since I could see a few other people doing the same thing - a few means about 3 out of the hundreds of people here. "Let's hurry and finish this job" I muttered under my breath even though I knew this night is not going to end as quick at all. 

After the banquet it was time to do the proper socialising and all the embarrassing ballroom dancing. Who does that these days? Apparently near the end there is a meeting between the packs - only the Alpha and the Beta are allowed to be in there with the King and the Queen. So yeah apparently it's all 'Tough luck if you're not one of them just wait outside' sort of thing, great isn't it?  

Determined, I made sure I am by Zain at all times, we clearly didn't fit in with the adults so we joined with a few that were around our age. "Are you… Raine?" A girl with beautiful golden blonde hair asked as she squinted her eyes as she tried to make out my name… "Yeah… and you are…?" I tried to make out who she was myself "Hey! It's me! Naomi, we met at the party thing last year! Y'know the Lunar Moon pack one?" She referred herself and tracing back my short lived memories I finally remembered who she was. "YES! You're the one who I crashed my father's car with! How can I forget!" I pointed as we quickly pull each other into a hug.

 "That was so fun! Too bad it was short-lived since it was for that reason the party was called short" She laughed whilst we pulled away from each other, "Is she the girl who you've been talking non stop about?" The boy next to her asks as he holds her hand - "Is that your mate?" I asked and proudly she nods "Yeah! We met just a few months ago!" She beams and then eyes Zain "Is that your mate?" She asks in return and both me and Zain said the opposite answer to each other.

 "Yes"

 "No"

Shooting a glare at him he sheepishly smirks only giving me a reason to roll my eyes, laughing at the both of us Naomi decides to introduce me to her friends so leaving her mate's side and me leaving Zain the both of us make our way through the crowd. "So who are these friend's you've been wanting to introduce me to?" I asked as she guided me through the crowd "My best friend!" She laughs whilst as she scanned there ball room "There she is!" She points and following her finger it was towards one of the most beautiful girl I've seen in my life. She has icy blue eyes with striking raven hair in curls which complimented her long white laced pattern dress, looking at her actually puts me to shame - I'm not arrogant but I know I'm not ugly;nor am I beautiful you can say I'm decent. "Uhhh…" I mumbled and Naomi looks at me confused "What's wrong? Don't' worry, she's real nice we've grown up together, she's my pack's alpha's daughter. She's withdrawn though…" Looking at Naomi with a shocked expression I didn't expect her to say she's withdrawn, she's looks like the type who would at least be talkative and supposedly arrogant since Alpha's offsprings are most of the times. 

Approaching her I came to notice that she was standing alone with a few adults around her and as we went passed a few adults I could overhear them talking about her - "Look it's her. The Lunar Moon Alpha's daughter, I heard she was responsible for that tragedy that happened a few years back" Confused, Naomi glared at the adults but didn't say anything but approached her. "Anna" Naomi smiles towards her whilst Anna looks up at us but then looks away straightaway, "Ummm hey" In an almost whisper which sort of confirmed to me that Naomi was being serious when she said she is withdrawn "Raine this is Anna, Anna this is Raine" With Naomi doing the formalities I held my hand out for her to shake, feel in her staring at my hands she hesitated to shake my hand so taking the first move I grabbed her hand in mine and shook it causing her to widen her eyes at me, with her icy blue eyes meeting my violet eyes at that moment I knew we were going to be good friends. 

A small smile creeps up her lips as they curve into a full smile, "Nice to meet you" Her voice is sweet, like an angel - don't get me wrong I'm not turning lesbian here, but I'm almost embarrassed because compared to her I am nothing but a sidekick. "This is great! Say, Raine it's Anna's birthday next week, we're planning to go for a meal do you want to come?" Naomi asks out of the blue and finding no reason to reject the offer I could only nod my head. "How old will you be?" I smiled whilst asking Anna "I'll be 21" "That's a big birthday!" Exclaiming she gave me a shy smile as I awkwardly backed down and itched my temple knowing I've probably just made a bad impression but just when I am thinking I've fell into a hole I dug myself I heard Naomi snorting and so does Anna chuckles "Huh?" I looked backwards and forth between them - the hell am I missing out? Naomi laughs out loud "Y-you should see your face Raine!" Holding her stomach I didn't know what to say or react "What?" Anna who is chuckling as well places a hand on my shoulder "You looked like you just wanted to dig a hole and hide" "Wait… was you faking it when you acted awkward with me?!" I pointed whilst Naomi slowly stops laughing "We was bored, you're not mad are you?" Naomi cheekily sticks her tongue out and pulling a glare I turned my back on them "Hey.. Naomi I think we've took it too far" Anna's voice frowned "Raine… sorry we did-" Turning around quickly I jumped around and wrapped my arms around them "Seriously, you're still a prankster Naomi!" I leant all my weight against her making her stumble as she struggled to keep balance in her sky high heels. "I'm to blame as well, but I admit it was funny" Anna chuckled again but then she suddenly freezes, yet I failed to notice that "No seriously though is it your birthday soon Anna?" I asked whilst pulling away from Naomi "Anna?" I tapped after wanting to wait for her to answer me "Anna!" I pushed lightly and she blinks but she doesn't answer me only glancing behind her, following her gaze I met the honey coloured eyes that I just seen before - the prince. "Anna" His husky voice calls Anna's name I looked back at Anna who's eyes are changing colours, her breath is growing short and looking at Naomi she doesn't look happy seeing the prince as she growled. Anna gulps before calling his name "Nathan" 

This is when I realised that Anna and Prince Nathan both are mates. Holy Crap. 

Before you leave please vote and comment below ^^