The Royal Thrive - Chapter 12 - Evil calculation

Before you read this chapter I would like to take the chance here to thank for all the support I've been given from the start of this series. I woke up today and found myself within the 200's rank which to me is ALOT! I would like to dedicate the next chapter to one of my fans so please comment below so I know who. 

Please leave a vote and a comment below after reading. 

....

The Queen (Nathan's mother) POV 

It has been two months ever since my precious son Nathan has left the palace. Of course I haven't liked the idea of sending away my son, along with Noah. I know what his majesty is planning, and I understand why his majesty - my own husband is doing this. Yet it is for this very reason that I cannot sit back and do nothing. Throughout the many years I've become queen, people have been doing nothing but been talking behind my back because I am not his majesty's true mate. 

Back then his majesty originally dated me, we met each other through the annual ball and immediately upon meeting together we got along straight away, with similar tastes and hobbies we quickly became friends which then led to us dating even though we knew we weren't mates. Despite this we vowed to each other that even if we find our mates we would still be together, that was how much our love ran, for me it was easy to let go of my mate because he was a rogue who tried to attack the palace and was quickly killed in front of me. My mate could've killed me but he didn't, it was either he kills me or he dies in the situation we was at yet he chose to die - up to this day I still can't forget that sad smile he gave me before greeting his death. 

As much as I hate to say it I couldn't help but feel relieved that my mate died because then me and his majesty would have less obstacles to get together as no one will ever know that we aren't mates. However little did I know that his majesty couldn't resist the pull of the mate bond and actually mated with her the night they met. Of course I was heartbroken, I rejected my mate for someone who is rejecting me for his mate. Yet I know the love between us is still there and using this bond I made sure I at least got something out of our situation. Noah's mother knew about us - she in fact was a distant royal linage, which made it hard to get rid of her. Just because you don't want to hurt people doesn't mean other people won't hurt you. This is what I thought, yet I was wrong again. Noah's mother was extremely kind, she didn't even mind about mine and his majesty's relationship - because she said she empathised me for losing my mate for his majesty. This made it hard to hate her, and so I thought I would be able to survive between our relationship, - when his majesty succeeded the throne she was made queen whilst I was made as a consort. Of course I was the first consort in the history of the werewolf, so I received a lot of hate and backstabbing yet I ignored them because I had his majesty's love and Noah's mother's friendship. 

Yet everything was like planned by fate - everything shattered when myself and Noah's mother fell pregnant at the same time. Looking back now it all seems like a curse of power, I knew that if both our children are males this means my son will pose a threat to Noah's son - it was a game of whoever finds his mate first becomes the crown prince. The more I thought about it the more hate and paranoid I became of Noah's mother. Who knew what she was planning behind that smile of hers? So I did something I would regret for the rest of my life.