The Royal Thrive - Chapter 20 - Giving up

ENJOY ^^ It's a bit short... sorry.

My violet eyes meet with his hazel eyes, there is no mistaking it. Pinching myself to ensure I'm not dreaming Noah's hand stops me from pinching any harder, again those sparks fly off like fireworks that you have on display when you're at a festival. "I don't like this" I flinch away from his touch and took a step back. I search for his eyes to see a flash of hurt behind them - "What? I don't quite understand, how did you hide we were mates?How long was you planning to keep it hidden from me?" Looking away Noah leans his weight over the balcony again. 

"As royals, we are able to awaken our wolves the moment we hit puberty" He pauses as I let him carry on, he takes a deep breath in and slowly looks over to me. "From when I was young, I lived in the shadows. My only friend was Nathan and because we are at the same age we understood each other's problems. However one time, when I and Nathan argued over a toy royal mother who is the current queen grabbed the toy from the both of us. Pushing me away from Nathan, she ends up handing to toy to Nathan and said 'Don't take what is Nathan's'" Pausing again a sad smile appears on his face causing my heart to wrench and so he carries on with his story. "From that day on, I know that if I ever tried to take what she thought was Nathan's I wouldn't be spared. Which is why I never bothered talking to people because most of them that I've ever met was through Nathan. I know as long as I don't pose a threat in her eyes I won't endanger anyone. However I didn't expect father to send us both here, if I'm right he is sending me here also because he wants to me to 'break out of my shell' so I could perhaps attain the position as Crown Prince because in his eyes Nathan may not be good enough"

Making myself comfortable I also lean over the balcony before looking at him carefully - his jaw line is so strong. Damn. 

"I know, our mate is perfect" 

Slapping myself mentally I had to snap out of those thoughts, "I see" I sighed in a mere whisper as I try and fight this new wolf of mine in my mind that is complimenting Noah in every way. "I knew you were my mate when I arrived at the house. I smelt your scent before we even got in the pack house. I had to lock out my wolf just in case I get too close to you which will awaken your wolf. So I did" - "Wait, why?" 

"That's because I know if you find out I'm your mate, it'll become official and once it becomes official that means my father will be even more adamant about making me Crown Prince thus will make royal mother angry. She will think I'm trying to take the kingdom away from Nathan, she will do anything to stop me which all can result in you getting hurt. I thought if I never let my wolf out you will always be safe" 

Suddenly his expression turns, his jaws clench with his fists "The minister saw that me and you are mates in his vision and threatened to expose it - if he does all my efforts will go to waste so I made a deal with him not to let you go near the palace and never to take on the position of the Crown Prince. However it looks like you can't simply put a forest of fire out with just a bucket of water" He smiles at me sadly whilst I let it all sink in, so through all these months I've been next to my mate. He's been trying to protect me from the queen, I know I've always vowed to not want a mate because I think it is troublesome; which is true! However… I cannot help but feel so fulfilled near his presence. 

"So would all this business make me a princess?" I jokingly laughed yet very quickly Noah grab hold of both my hands tightly with our eyes locking together "I can ask my father to take away my title as the prince. We can then live freely without having to worry about royal mother trying to get rid of us. We can just be a normal couple. Would you?" Laughing I push him lightly with our hands still holding on each other "Don't joke around, you're a prince you can't" Feeling his hands tighten around mine I look at him properly once again, he stares at me with pure determination… he's serious. 

This guy, is willing to give up being a royalty just for me? 

"He loves us" 

I can't. Pulling my hand away from his Noah looks at me with the world most lost eyes, they were almost puppy like. "Sorry. I can't" Dropping my head low with my eyes glued to the floor I had to grip onto the end of my shirt tightly, creasing it. "Noah. I can't just let you give up your status because of me" - "It's not for you but for me too. I'm tired of being a hidden prince" He tries to sound convincing as his hands search for mine that is now in my denim jean pockets, "I won't force you" He mumbles as I slowly look back up at him; 

"What are you doubting for? If I was you I'd jump at the chance when he said that!" 

'You are me, it's just I do the final decision' - I mentally scolded my wolf before reverting back to Noah who is still standing in front of me now. Awkward. 

"I still have another question, t's actually the reason I even confronted you toady. Do you think the minister is lying?"  

Crossing his arms Noah puts on a thinking expression, probably calculating everything all together. "The minister is in favour of the queen. Even though he's the Elder wolf he has his selfish ways. It's better to side with him for the better" Hearing those words it made me think, but surely going in his good books would make our situation easier. Even if his visions are true if I sat with Noah who has given up his prince status, surely I won't be endangering the kingdom will I? Moreover, I promised Julie not to let fate play it's games not on us and as if someone like me could play a princess role. That's a load of bullshit. 

"Then hurry up and take his offer then! Though you're wrong on one part" 

I roll my eyes as my wolf talks to me as she carries on talking about what I was wrong 

"You were made to be a princess" 

Shutting her out I ignored her comments as I look at Noah "I take back what I said" My sentence causes Noah's entire face to light up, I've never seen so many emotions running across his face "I have a condition though" I stopped him with my open palm as he looks at me willing to take any condition "You will have to cook me something really delicious everyday! You can't be clingy either, that sounds really harsh but-" His strong arms engulfs me into a hug, taking a deep breath of his scent it smells amazing almost ineffable. Then I remembered, when I tell the others I've found my mate they're all going to laugh at me since I was adamant about not wanting one or finding him. My dad has some competition to go against, after all Noah and him are both into cooking. 

"I'll cook for you whenever you want" He sighs into my neck making my wolf purr out of control. Perfect. 

Before you leave please vote or comment below ! Thank you, see you all again next week :)