The Royal Thrive - Chapter 34 - Cruelty

Herlooo, I hope everyone had a great start to the new year and a great Christmas. 

I had been so busy with exams and just daily life things I had not had time to work on my stories until now. I hope you all haven't forgotten what had happened (I did lol)

This chapter may seem all too rushed - but to I have to emphasize that sometimes things happen too sudden for us to even act upon it. 

This book now has 31,000+ views and nearly 1000 votes - I was originally going to sign up for the Watty Awards, but I figured I wasn't going to finish this book within the deadline so I decided to nominate my other book 'Death's Grasp' for the next Watty Awards. That is if it's as liked as much as this one .... or maybe I'm just thinking too much of myself meh. 

Now enjoy please leave a comment and a vote, it's just a click away. 

....

Sitting near the veranda, I slowly sip my peppermint tea. I am waiting. 

“Your Highness I’ve brought the Head Mistress” Michelle’s voice cracks through my tranquility of silence as I turn over my shoulder to look at Ada. Pale, cracked lips and bloodshot eyes. “Did you need something? Crown Princess?” “That’s something I need to ask you. Are you aware of how you look right now?” With a slightly concerned tone she only gives me a soft chuckle “Does that even matter anymore? Wether I’m dead or alive… to me it’s all the same” A few quivering words leave her lips, even just mentioning the word death make her heart shatter even further. 

Standing up I nod at Michelle motioning that she can excuse herself. “Ada, I know that this is a very hard time for you. Even though we have not been on the same side, if you really want I can personally request and ask the queen to let you leave the palace. So you can go back home-“ “Your Highness, please refrain yourself from doing anything for me. It’ll just cause more trouble…” “Why would it cause trouble?” Smirking behind her she tenses knowing she just slipped up, “You and I both know the queen is ruthless. Even if I haven’t faced her a lot of times, the very fact she has imprisoned her own husband. Attempted to kill me and Noah, killed my whole pack. She’s not a woman who acts without thinking - and I think you know exactly why the death of your children was silenced.” Crying further Ada falls onto her knees with guilt crashing down onto her I could only look at her helplessly “You only have two paths, one is just run out of this palace. Never look back or you stay here and serve the woman who stopped you seeing your kids for their last time.” 

“Y-you want me to help you…” She mumbles through her sobs “You sworn loyalty to a woman you shouldn’t have. Now you can make up for that mistake by entrusting the remains of your life in me.” Ada remains silent as I propose my ideas to her “I have figured that Noah’s mother’s death was a completely different story. I can’t find any hard evidence though… but you would know. The only reason the queen wants to keep you by her side is because you know all of her secrets. Moreover, you can tell me how the king is doing. I can only imagine him being drugged to a point where he can’t move” Frowning at that thought Ada slowly stands up wiping the tears from her face “You’re just the same as her. Both ruthless” Ada glares but could only get a scoff out of me “Ruthlessness and benevolence. They’re both just from the same colour the only difference is the shade. I can tell you that I’m only the person I am today because I no longer want to see people die because of me” 

“If I entrust my life to you. Will you guarantee to let me rip that woman’s head off?” “I’ll let you do it, on behalf of everyone who died because of her” Nodding Ada agrees willingly “The queen isn’t easy to beat but… if I tell you the truth, you might actually be able to-“ “Your Highness!” Michelle rushes over as the scent drifts over.