The Royal Thrive - Chapter 26 - To love and be loved

Yo! I've hit 11k views! Two chapters will be posted this week... hopefully. If not I'll do it next week. Thanks a lot for supporting! The votes and comments are all so heart-warming *sigh of satisfaction* 

...

After the small incident with Nathan I head back to the chambers - with the smell of smoke all over my clothes as it filled my nose. "That jerk. I stink" I complained to myself until I was taken by surprise by Noah's mind link - 'I've got something to show you. Come back to the chambers'  Why isn't that a nice surprise. A smile played on lips as I hurriedly headed to the chambers and just before entering the chambers I sniffed myself knowing Noah will definitely question why I stink of smoke. Great - how am I going to explain that Nathan and I nearly burnt his place down? Would he be angry? No, it's Noah after all he'll let it go - I hope. 

Pushing the doors open I came face to darkness, I cannot see a single thing at all. With the door shutting behind me automatically I jumped. "Noah? Why is it pitch black in here?" I called into the empty space but there is no answer to my question. "Noah?" I called again as I took steady steps around the dark space. Thanks to my wolf senses I have a better awareness of things around me so I couldn't be killing myself by head butting a wall or crashing into some furniture. Imagine that as news 'Crown Princess injured from crashing into a load of furniture'.

One word: Embarrassing.

Though as I was concentrating on my surroundings Noah's scent hit me from behind and his warm large hands took hold of one of my hands; with a smirk creeping onto my face I slap his hand playfully "Why the hell is it so dark in here?" I asked and he just chuckles lightly at my question leading me throughout the chamber which I am not complaining because I've missed his touch and the sparks that go flying when we touch each other. 

After a series of walking in a direction I don't know Noah stops me as he pushes another door open and inside was a room full of candles set alight, and right in the middle is a perfectly set table with cutlery out. "Sorry" He simply says as he led me to the table and pulled out a seat for me to take.

"Sorry?" I questioned as the warmth of the candles made me warm up inside as Noah took a seat himself. 

"I became too busy and left you behind" 

So Noah created this to apologize for leaving me behind? The thought couldn't stop that warm feeling swarming inside me. 

"You smell of smoke. What happened?" His eyes carried worry as he scanned me up and down perhaps looking for anything that said I was harmed. 

'Jeez, he's so perfect. Let's mate him. I mean tonight' 

My eyes widen at my wolf's comment - 'What the hell are you crazy?!'  Scolding my wolf I can hear her chuckle laughing at my 'innocence' 

'It's a natural process, come on Raine. It's either mate now or you'll have to deal with heat. Which is pretty soon' - This wolf needs to shut up but I can't help but take notice of what she said, my eyes are now already scanning Noah up and down as he waits for my answer to his question before. I can already feel a rush of red across my face - shaking my head into my open palms I tried to make the flush of red on my cheeks go away. 

"Raine? What happened?" Worriedly he was going to stand up and walk to me but saving it I showed him the palm "I'm fine; just debating" I mumbled into my palm as I took a deep breath in. 

"What are you debating over?" 

My wolf just told me to mate you - like hell I'd ever say that.

"Uhm, I was just thinking how to explain to you how Nathan nearly just set your old place on fire" I hesitantly answered waiting for his reaction and the most I got was just his eyes widen "Nathan took you there?" 

Was there a problem with that? I nod hesitantly and from my answer he seems to be thinking deeply. After a few seconds of thinking he blinks and smiles distantly before looking back at me "I see you're getting along with him finally" - "I wouldn't say getting along…" Trying to find the words I see Noah's smiling expression, sort of as if he's pleased to see me getting along with Nathan ever more than before. 

Pressing my lips together I let it slip - "Fine, we're getting along. Can we eat now?" 

"You can smell it already?" Noah grins as he stands up and pushes a trolley towards the table that is covered "Your cooking smells the best, I tend to recognize it" Revealing a lavish meal Noah starts to place the food on our table before the both of us dug into it. 

After the small meal between the two of us we headed back to the bedroom - yawning I bounce onto the bed like a dead fish. Noah starts to get comfy on the sofa just at the other side of the room; did I tell you Noah and I don't sleep on the same bed? He said if he sleeps next to me his wolf will be out of control which all in other words he would mate me and he doesn't want to yet. I mean where else can you get such a considerate mate? Looking at him with his arms above his head sleeping since he must've be exhausted from Crown Prince duties a frown creeps onto my face. Why am I complaining when he's doing so much more work than me? He even went out of his way to make it up to me tonight. 

Slapping myself I have to wake up and stop being a love sick wolf. Secretly laughing at the irony when I was all so adamant about not wanting to go through the troubles of having a mate and here I am now sulking - when did I become this pathetic? Slapping myself again I slowly walk up to Noah, he's probably now dead to the world. Bending down to my knees I meet him at eye level studying his features I realized it's unfair to let him stay on the sofa whilst I take a king-size bed to myself. 

Activating my telekinesis I move Noah out of his place slowly whilst taking him to the bed. There was no way he wouldn't wake up if I touch him personally, the sparks will fly once again and we don't really want that. Once Noah is placed on the bed I jumped onto the sofa breathing in Noah's scent. This is the least I can do for him - however all of a sudden something pulls me out of the sofa dragging me in midair and to the bed. Landing softly on the side I see water swirling around above me - Noah. 

"You're wasting my efforts" I rolled my eyes at him as he hits his forehead gently against mine, looking at me straight through the eyes and his hands press onto the side of my head. "Let's sleep together from now on" He suggests as I ruffle his dark hair "Oh so now you want to be next to me?" Teasing him like a child he grabs my hand pulling me into his chest - "I'm not good with words" Admitting his weakness he hugs me tighter whilst trying to find the right words. 

"I don't know how to say it. Though father said these words are the most powerful words" 

The King? Great - what is it going to be? An lecture? 

"I love you. I really do" 

Laughing at his tone of voice he looks down at me - "Are they the wrong words? That old man really is slipping me up" He grunts and for the first time he has a look of disappointment and frustration on his face, a smile of satisfaction creeps onto my lips. Noah is becoming more and more open, it's as if I'm watching him grow up. 

Are you proud? Alpha? 

I've at least done something that you set me. From now on I won't fail anyone. Definitely wont. 

"I love you too"

Before you leave just leave a vote or a comment below! Thanks!