Piper

"Miss McLean, have you known Sammy Valdez before any of the alleged kidnappings took place?" Sammys lawyer asked like the first trial.

"No I have never met him until the first trial," Piper said.

"You never met him before the first trial," Sammy's lawyer restated.

"That is correct," Piper said.

"So how do you know that Sammy was the person who kidnapped you?" His lawyer asked.

Shit.

Piper was dating a lawyer she knew how sneaky they could be.

But this wasn't the lawyers fault it was hers. She was so bent on getting through the trial quickly so she could get away from the memory of the ordeal. She just wanted to forget.

But she did forget, she forgot all about how carefully to choose her words. Now almost all evidence against Sammy was washed away.

"Objection!" Jason yelled.

Thank God for Jason. He could get her out of this, she hoped.

"What is it?" The Judge asked.

"I need to question my client," he said.

"Proceed."

"Miss McLean, you were attacked by Mr. Valdez in your dressing room at 8:23 p.m. The night of your debut. Did you or did you not see Mr. Valdez in your dressing room?" He asked.

"All I saw were his eyes, some hair, and his hands. He knocked me out quickly with a chair I had in the room," Piper said.

"Your honor I would like to take a quick recess," Jason said.

"You have 1 hour," he said.

Piper met up with him in the center hall.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"You said he hit you with a chair. What if he still has his finger pronts om the chair?" Jason asked.

"That could win is the case," Piper said, "and I have the chair in my new dressing room, we can get to the theatre in 20 minutes get the chair, take 10 minutes for the finger print scans, and get back just in time to show the new evidence. Jason your a genius!"

"Yeah I guess I am," he said.

"Don't get a big head now," Piper said.

"Okay okay, let's go," Jason said.

And they were off.