Annabeth

Hey hey hey guess who's pissed? ME! IM PISSED IM GONNA CAUSE CONFUSION IN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!! Oh and i also recently remembered that percy was also missing a leg AND became paralyzed so thats probably impossible or very rare so I went back amd deleted the detail kf him losing a leg ok STORY TIME!!! Don't worry I'm pretty sure no ones gonna die amy time soon... Maybe... Ok for real story time.

What!?" Percy said through the phone, "Sammy didn't do it?"

Jason said something else through the phone to Percy and the call ended. Percy chucked his phone at a wall.

"I was assigned a simple serial murder. HOW THE HELL DID IT TURN INTO THIS?! I'VE FOUGHT IN WARS, BEEN SHOT AND JUST REGAINED THE ABILITY TO WALK, I HAVE BEEN THROUGH HELL BECAUSE OF SAMMY," Percy took a deep breath, "and it wasn't even him."

Annabeth looked at Percy. His soft expression was hardened and he was leaning again the wall looking at his shoes.

Annabeth walked over too him amd leaned next to him.

"I know you Percy, and you don't give up," she leaned her head against is shoulder.

Annabeth felt a tear drip from his face onto her shoulder.

Percy was crying. She had never seen him cry before.

"I want to give up on this Annabeth," Percy said.

What's up with everyone giving up? Piper had given up and almost died, Jason almost gave up on finding Piper, and now Percy.

Annabeth thought of a plan, she was good at those.

"Percy, resign from the case," she said, "you've been through enough and so has everyone else, it's time for someone else fix this. Sammy didn't do the crime. You were only really assigned to him."

Percy looked at her.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me," Percy said, "thank you."

Thank you

Annabeth knew that solving this case in secret would be a lot harder than she thought.