Robins Mission

It was a normal day in the mountain. Arguing, M'gan cooking. Dick and Kaldur were talking about Dick's injuries when Batman comes into the room, making everyone stop and look up.

"Everyone into the debriefing room." He says. Everyone does and Robin looked excited about a job he was about to do. They flooded into the room after Batman and patiently waited for Batman to tell them their new mission.

"So we have a certain buzz from some civillians that Bane and Deathstroke are up to something. I need you guys to go and take care of them. I'll give you the coordinates once you guys are on the road." He says. "Dismiss. All except you Robin." He says, making Robin jolt to a stop. The others shot a look over at him before they disappeared from the room. Once the door closed Robin lifted an eye at Batman.

"Can I ask what that was about?" He asks. "I need to prepare for a mission, Bruce."

"You aren't going on that mission." He says plainly.

"What?!" Robin demands, shooting a glare at Bruce.

"Well you are still healing from the last mission so I have another one for you. A safer one." He says, narrowing his eyes at the teen.

"I only sprained my wrist and got a cut on my stomach. Not like I'm crippled." Robin protested, looking down at his bandaged wrist.

"I'm not arguing with you Dick. You are going to go to a banquet that I can't make because I have official JLA business. No buts or arguments. Alfred with give you a ride." He says and with that, leaves the room. Robin just sighs.

"Ah man. I'm so not feeling the aster!" He says before leaving the room.

*time skip*

Dick sluggishly walked into the banquet with his head hanging from his shoulders. He didn't want to be here. He wanted to be with the rest of them on the cool ass mission, but instead he was stuck at a banquet for some charity who didn't really even like.

"Dick Grayson?" Asked a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Yeah that's me." Dick says monotoned. The girl chuckled.

"I'm Brianna Fisher. Owner of this charity. Is Bruce here by chance?" She asks, averting her eyes to sweep the people in the room. Dick rolled his eyes.

"No. He's busy doing official business." Dick says sarcastically, huffing as he folded his arms.

She chuckled. "Well, I can show you around. Maybe talk to you. You look like you can use the company." She says, chuckling at the grumpy Dick.

Dick sighed. "I guess I have no choice, huh. Sure why not. The nights only gonna get more boring by the hour. I can hang out with you." He says, and they began chatting, not realizing the night was about to change from under them.

A/N: hey guys. Another story popped into my head. This one's another short story like "the broken Bird" one. Just a story I really needed to get out xD. Don't worry. Itll get more interesting. By the way, in this one, Bruce and Dicks identities are known to the young justice. Just clearing that out. Anyway! Hope you enjoy this short story!! Be back with another update soon!