Waking up, To Go To Sleep

A day later, Dick finally stirred, making his presence known by grunting and hissing with every movement. His eyes opening to a dark, rocky room with only a beeping noise to be heard. Dick glanced around, seeing no one else in the room, but he could tell he was out for a day or two by the way his room looked and of how hungry he was. He glanced down, seeing bandages covering his body. Thats when everything flooded back to him, making him shake his head.

  "Talk about a night in Gotham, am I right?" Dick said, only to realize he was alone. He sighed. "Aaaand i am alone. Shouldn't someone be monitoring me?" Dick asks.

  Taking it upon himself, he swung his feet to the side, tossing his blanket to the floor as he tried to get stand up. Not realizing his back was injured, most likely the morphine he was on, he crumbled, face first, into the ground.

  "So not feeling whelmed." He grumbled. He heard feet pattering from down the hall as he slowly picked himself up off the ground, but gave up and placed his palms jnder his chin as he rested on his elbows. The door to the medic bay flew open, revealing a very concerned, yet shocked Canary. Dick just smiled as he looked up at her.

  "Dick!" She screamed, rushing over to help him up. "What on earth are you doing?" She asks.

  "Testing my limits?" He says, smirking as she helped him up, grabbing his forearms, almost making Dick slam his head on the ground. She finally pulled him up and he was sitting on the bed once again.

  "Not the time for laughing matters, young man. You almost died." She said, folding her arms with a rude glare on. Dick shrugged, scooting back so he felt more secured on the bed.

  "But am i? No." He stated. "Where is Batman?" He asks, starting to poke at his arm and belly to see if they really did hurt.

  "Hes with the rest of the justice league. He should be back within a few." She slapped Dick's hand which kept poking his stomach. "Stop messing with your stitches!" She glared.

  He turned red and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. They just... i dont know... seem to not hurt as much as I thought they would." He said, poking it once more before pointing up at her. "How's the team?" He asks,  poking his eyes to feel bags under them. Well that was certainly something. Hasn't he been asleep for a whole week? Why were bags under his eyes?

  Canary cleared her throat and walked over to sit in a chair. "Well, they are going on missions and talking about you. Also they cant forgive themselves for still letting you get hurt. I dont know why they blame themselves. Probably because they saw it on tv and didnt leave early enough. Batman on the other hand, cant let it go. He is so... i dont know, Batman on this situation." Canary finished, folding her arms.

  "So... uhm... what about the Joker?" He asks, scratching his head.

  "Well... he wasnt caught but Harley and a few of his henchmen were." She explained.

  Dick about choked on air, sitting forward. "He got awa- ow!" Dick felt something tear in his lower back, causing him to stiff up and felt something hot roll down his back. He grunted. "I think i popped a stitch open on my back." Dick grunted.

  Canary rolled her eyes. "Relax, thats all I ask of a patient of the Bat family. Relax, but noooo." She whispered, sitting up out of the chair and walked over to him, seeing the blood was going through his bandage. "Just great. Not only did you pop a stitch, but you popped the one that was vital to close to make sure you survived!" She yelled.

  Dick flinched, but he knew he should just not say anything. He sighed and lied down. "What should i do now?" He asks.

  She glared. "You are going back to sleep so i can fix this damn stitch!" She yelled, grabbing the anesthesia. Dick pouted, he wanted to be awake, not sleep, but he knew he was going to be in more pain if he were to stay awake. Sighing, he waited for it to kick in and then, his world went back to blissful, yet annoying sleep.