Failing at Blackmailing

After being told he could walk around, that's all Dick seemed to be doing and honestly, it was getting on some of the team's nerves. How? Because whenever they tried to do something, Dick would copy it, seeing if he was healed enough to do it. He wasn't but hey he tried.

  But now after a week of constantly being on his feet, he felt much better. He was walking around the same pace as the others and was now able to do a habdspring (though it was still less than graceful, but let's not talk about that.) As well as be able to train. He was still bandaged but his stitches were starting to dissolve which Canary said was a very good sign.

  "Dick, please stop." Wally expressed his annoyance at Dick who was doing jumping Jack's, grunting in pain everytime he landed on his feet.

  "Why? Making you uncomfortable?" Dick asked, stopping his jumping Jack's to hunch over the counter at his screaming back.

  "No your grunts of pain are making me feel pain." Wally groaned, throwing a handful of chips into his mouth.

  "Oh, I'm sorry my painful training noises are hurting your precious soul." Dick mocked.

  Wally rolled his eyes, throwing his feet up on the counter before leaning back on the chair, the family size bag of chips resting against his stomach. "Your painful training noises are ruining my chillax time. Just sit down and eat." Wally explained, pointing to Dick's growing cold fast food burger and fries.

  "I don't want to eat." Dick breathed out, throwing his whole chest and arms against the counter, his back burning white hot. "My gods! My back feels like it's been cast into the depths of a volcano!" Dick groaned out, squirming uncomfortable where he rested. His back would pulse uncontrollable the more he rested.

"Maybe that's a sign you should slow down on trying to prove everyone wrong on your healing time. Your injuries aren't going to heal correctly if you keep pushing them past their limit." Wally says, taking a drink of his orange soda.

  "I can't just sit there and do nothing. It feels unnatural." Dick complained.

  Wally just rolled his eyes. "Well unless you can prove your good, I doubt Bats will let you out on another mission."

  Dick blew a raspberry, before gently hitting his forehead against the counter. "I just want to go on a mission again." He groaned out. "I don't care if it's stealth, recon or fighting. I just want to see anything but the manor and the mountain."

  Artemis entered the kitchen in her suit, though her mask was resting against the top of her head. She took one look at Dick and instantly knew what was wrong.

  "It's not going to happen, Robin. Just give it up." She smirked over at his reaction, reaching into the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

  "Excuuse me? Who told you that you were okay to enter into our conversation?" Dick scoffed, straightening up to fold his arms.

  She just rolled her eyes. "Talk to Bats. He may be easier to persuade since he still feels guilty about the banquet. You could possibly emotionally blackmail him into letting you go on a mission with him or us." She explained, popping off the bottle cap before taking a swig. "But what do I know." She shrugged, walking out of the kitchen.

  Dick beamed evilly, making Wally swallow his chips uncomfortably slow. "I know that look and don't you even think about It! She was joking." Wally threw the bag of chips onto the counter before throwing his feet down, sitting normally. He leaned forward, sending Dick a warning look. "You wouldnt."

  Dick nodded before zooming out (at a relatively okay speed) of the kitchen.

  Wally sighed, shaking his head. "Of course he would."

  Dick made his way to the zeta tubes, entering it. Everything went white before he emerged from the tube and into the Batcave. He looked up, noticing the lights weren't on and the place looked deserted. Dick blew his hair out of his face, walking up the steps slowly. Once he made it to the computers he took it out of sleep mode before entering in the contact information for Bruce.

  It popped up with the word 'Contacting' in big bold letters, beeping into the darkness of the cave. Dick slowly lowered himself into the chair, getting a rush of Goose bumps and shivers from his body trying to relax.

  The call beeped twice before it was finally answered. Batman was on the other end, barely visible but it was obvious he was talking into the hologram on his arm. Which Dick could only assume was because he was on a mission.

  "What are you doing in the Batcave?" Bruce asks, his voice back to its cold bitterness.

  Dick snuggled down, before closing his hands together. "Listen close. I need to be freed. And if that  means begging you to take me on a mission then so be it." Dick pointing his fingers at Bruce, who wasn't having it.

  "Dick, no. You are staying and healing. That's my final decision." He snapped, looking ready to hang up on him.

  Dick sighed. "Fine. Should have known you wouldn't trust me out on the field. I wouldn't, especially after forgetting my belt at home. The last time I went out was such a pain. I just want to be able to prove I can do more than just be tortured by the joker in public." Dick explained, putting as much fake hurt behind his voice as he could, looking off into the distance as dramatically as he could.

  When he looked back at Bruce, he could tell he wasn't impressed. "Dick, I know what your doing and my answer is still no. Show me you can be out in the field again and I will gladly assign you on a mission. Now I have buisiness to attend to." Before Dick could snap back at him, Bruce hung up and the call ended.

  Dick let out a loud groan as he shrunk back into the chair, pouting. He needed to get back out in the field, even if that meant lying about how he felt.

  He knew exactly what to do.

A/N: hey y'all yes I am still updating this book and no it's not over yet. :D hope ya like it!