Asylum of the Daleks

I cannot believe we are already on Series 7! Man, I can't wait for Clara and "The Day of the Doctor!"

In other news . . . my grandma died unexpectedly yesterday afternoon of Stage 4 lung cancer. I will need time to make up what work I will miss next Monday, so if I slow updates down, please understand. This is my second loss on the same side of the family this school year, so it's a punch in the gut.

Anyway, the Fantastic Four (not the MARVEL version, never got into them) are back together again, but one couple is having issues. What can the other couple do to help them out?

Enjoy "Asylum of the Daleks!"

***

"What are they doing?" Rory asked, looking around as the Doctor paced, Jessie's eyes flicking between . . . everyone.

"She's chosen the most defendable area in the room," Amy looked at Jessie. "Counted all the Daleks, counted all the exits . . . " She sighed as the Doctor looked over. "And now he's calculating the exact distance we're standing apart and starting to worry . . . oh, and look at him frowning now. Something's wrong with Amy and Rory, and who's going to fix it? And he straightens his bow tie."

"We have arrived," the Dalek PM announced.

"Arrived where?" the Doctor asked.

"Doctor."

"The Prime Minister will speak with you now," Darla said.

The Doctor turned to her. "Do you remember who you were before they emptied you out and turned you into their puppet?"

"My memories are only reactivated if they are required to facilitate cover or disguise."

"You had a daughter."

"I know. I've read my file."

The Doctor narrowed his eyes, then walked up to the Dalek Prime Minister, Jessie moving to be able to cover him and the Ponds if necessary. "Well?" he asked.

"What do you know of the Dalek Asylum?" the Dalek PM asked.

"According to legend, you have a dumping ground. A planet where you lock up all the Daleks that go wrong. The battle-scarred, the insane, the ones even you can't control. It's never made any sense to me."

"Why not?"

"Because you'd just kill them," Jessie deadpanned.

"It is offensive to us to extinguish such divine hatred."

"Offensive?" the Doctor snorted.

"Does it surprise you to know the Daleks have a concept of beauty?"

"I'm surprised you haven't run out of ways to make me sick," Jessie admitted, shuddering.

"You think hatred is beautiful?" the Doctor scowled.

"Perhaps that is why we have never been able to kill you," the Dalek PM said.

A hole opened up in the middle of the floor, and the Ponds backed away from it. The Doctor, Jessie, and Darla walked over to look down at the planet below. "The Asylum," Darla told them. "It occupies the entire planet, right to the core."

"How many Daleks?" Jessie asked.

"A count has not been made. Millions, certainly."

"All still alive?"

"It has to be assumed. The Asylum is fully automated. Supervision is not required."

"Armed?" Amy asked.