A New Record

Can we take a minute to admire these wonderful people? Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen . . . whatever, I LOVE THEM!

And yes, they did get bumped up in the cast list. They're ahead of Clara/Oswin/Clara Oswin now. Wonder what that'll mean? ;) Oh, and there are a few others. FitzSimmons is obvious, but the others . . . }:)

So, you can probably guess what this interlude covers. :P Enjoy!

***

"And the funny thing is, the beach wasn't actually a beach," Jessie was saying as she walked arm in arm with Wanda, the Doctor and Pietro on her other side, the Maximoffs wearing hats and sunglasses to conceal their identities. All Jessie and the Doctor had to do was wear sunglasses. "Well, technically it was, but it really wasn't."

"We were near the engines," the Doctor explained.

"Dinosaurs on a spaceship," Pietro shook his head. "I would never believe it."

"Yeah, it was pretty wicked," Jessie grinned.

"It has been some time since I have been to a zoo," Wanda looked around. "What is there here to see?"

"Oh, lots of animals!" the Doctor said in excitement. "We need to see the giraffes."

"No, you are not teaching them to do the Drunk Giraffe," Jessie said dryly.

"But Jessie!" he whined.

"No," she said firmly.

"Oh, fine," he mumbled, pouting.

"What is the Drunk Giraffe?" Pietro made a face.

"Oh, I think I still have the video," Jessie grinned, pulling out her phone. "Hang on, I remember Jemma sent it to me. So, it was at Amy and Rory's wedding. You should know, his last self was the best dancer of the lot. The last, the one before him, then this one."

"Yeah, last one wasn't so bad," the Doctor nodded. "Still like swing best."

"Agreed," Jessie showed the video, watching Pietro burst out laughing, Wanda's hands over her mouth as she tried not to do the same. "As you can see, that is him acting like a giraffe that's had too much to drink. Ergo, the Drunk Giraffe."

"That is funny," Pietro snickered, clapping the Doctor on the back.

"I try," he said sarcastically.

"No, there was actually one place we like looking," Jessie put her phone away. "I've always liked the cheetahs."

"Cheetahs?" Pietro perked up.

"Fastest animal on the planet," Jessie nodded.

Pietro immediately raised an eyebrow. "Oh, are they?"

"I didn't say mammal," Jessie raised a finger at him as they approached the exhibit.

"They look far too proud," Wanda frowned, seeing the cat lying on one of the rocks, tons of kids oohing and aahing over them.

Pietro, however, was looking at an interactive experience children were lining up to try. "Race a cheetah," he read.

"Oh, no," the Doctor grinned as Jessie pinched the bridge of her nose.

Pietro just grinned and rolled his neck. "Let's see about that."

"This is going to end badly, isn't it?" Wanda asked as Pietro hurriedly went through the line.

"Get ready to run," Jessie advised, the Doctor putting his sonic screwdriver in his sleeve for easy access.

ZZZZZZZIP!