Choices

Erin walked up to Intelligence, dazed and smiling from ear to ear. Jay, at his desk, was watching her the whole time she walked up. He has never seen this part of her before.
"She looks like a zombie." Jay whispered to Adam.
"That's what happen when you kiss a girl. They make you weak at knees, your legs turn into jello, brain's all messed up, slurred speech. Classic girls. They're poison."

Just then Erin shrieked as she bumped onto Antonio's desk.
"Be careful." He said looking up at her
"Sorry Antonio."
"Someone's having a good day." He teased her as she walked back to her desk
"Shut up Tony! I'm always having a good day."
"Not really. A few hours ago you were pissed cuz of Voight." Adam said looking a little irritated.
"Yeah. But that was a few hours ago." She smiled and went back to finish up some paperwork. She won't allow Adam's foolishness ruin her day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night she went straight home. This was the first time, since the opening of Molly's, that she haven't gone there after work.

It was their own litte tradition to get down to Molly's and have a drink or more after shift. And they loved it. They would relax, laugh, talk about their day. They would even hang with Gabby, Kelly, Brett and everyone from 51. They're one big happy family.

As Jay sat by the counter sipping on his scotch, Herrmann came over ready to pour another double.

"Hey man. Where's your lady friend?" Herrmann asked raising an eyebrow
"Oh Lindsay. She's not coming today."
"Ahh...so that's why the long face. Ok, I get it." Herrmann raised his hands implying he understood.
"What! No. No. Huh! We're not dating-" Jay protested.
"Look man. I may be old but I'm not blind. I see the sparks. Not long ago, that was Cindy and me."
Jay still not feeling reassured just laughed.
"Well, it still is, Herrmann." Jay thanked him for the drink and left 10 minutes later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She strip out of her outfit and slowly step into the tub.
Erin wasn't the kind of person to take baths. But today, after a very long and exhausting day, she absolutely needed one. She wanted her body to soak in the warm water, the endless bubbles and the amazing scent.
She sat there, beginning to feel relaxed. The warm water felt calm against her skin. For a split second, she has forgotten all her worries. Now feeling like she's in another universe. The dark room makes the bubbles glisten in the candlelight.

She lay her head back and rest against the tiles as the scent of vanilla and cinnamon begin to fill the room. The sound of slow music playing in the background is doing it's magic and she took a sip of wine that was resting on the edge of the tub.

Taking her phone, she's now wondering if she should call Kim.
"It's too late. She must be asleep." She said to herself
"I'll just text her. Yeah, a text would be good."
As she was about to hit send, the doorbell rang. She stopped, frozen in place.

She wasn't expecting anyone. She waited until the ringing and knocking stopped but it didn't. So she stepped out of the tub, letting water drip from her bady and grab a towel. She checked the time 11:00pm.
Who could it be?
She ran to the door, looked through the peephole, and opened it.

"Jay! What are you doing here?!" He covered his eyes, not expecting her to be half naked.
"Oops. So sorry." Was all he said.
"Come in. You don't have to do that. Nothing you haven't seen before!" She teased him before running to her room to put on some clothes.

When she came back out, she was wearing a sweatshirt, that he'd bought her, and some shorts.
'Damn! She looks hot!' Jay's head screamed.
"Want a drink?" She asked from across the room.
"Huh?" He was totally distracted.
She giggled and said "You want a beer?"
"Oh, yeah. Sure." He said walking towards her
"Here." And she handed him the beer.
They took a sip before a smirk spreads wide across his face. His smile is contagious because right now, she's smiling back at him.