Date

As Erin entered the restaurant, the butterflies in her stomach were fluttering ever so lightly. She haven't been this nervous for something so simple in a very long time. Besides she haven't really been on dates in quite some time.

Jay doesn't really count since they were partners and really good friends before they became whatever they are.

A couple?

She suppose it's what they're called.

8:30pm

Kim had texted her earlier in the afternoon to meet up for dinner and she couldn't have been happier. Ecstatic even. She was beyond excited since it was a breath of fresh air over her horrendous day.

Jay wasn't speaking to her.

Voight was making her do months of paperwork she hadn't finished filing.

And most of all, the case they were handling. The awful murder of an eight year old boy because of some stupid gang turf war.

It was cold and brutal.

Standing there, by the entrance, Erin felt slightly embarrassed for the way she's dressed. Underdressed. She came straight from work, thinking it would be a great idea.

What were you thinking?

Kim had picked the restaurant and she really didn't think it to be this fancy. Though it was not the 5-star kind of fancy, it was fancy enough for jeans and flannel shirts to be stared at unpleasantly.

Self-conscious was the word to describe how she's feeling inside as she looked at her reflection on the glass door.

She should've at lest put on some lipstick since she definitely looked to be sick.

Kim!

Looking across the hall, she can see her. Breathtaking. She's now waving at her with her long skilled fingers and she walked towards the awaiting table.

"Oh goodness!" She said under her breath.

It was only then that she realised that Kim was wearing a red dress, a fitted red dress with just enough cleavage to surprise her.

Stop staring!

Swallowing hard, she managed to wobble over to the table. Kim kissed her on the cheek and gave her a wide smile, appearing genuinely delighted to see her.

She hadn't really noticed that Kim has a very pretty smile.

"Hi."

She sat down, facing her. She's mesmerized of her beauty. Brown hair, brown eye, full lips, smooth skin. She's perfect. Especially with the beautiful dress on, make up, light and soft yet highlighting her big doe eyes.

"Sorry. I came straight from the station. I look like crap." Erin said and tuck strands behind her ears. "I didn't know it was this fancy!"

"What! No. You...you look beautiful." Kim smiled and rested a reassuring hand on hers.

She laughed nervously, "Well, what can I say! You look incredible!"

"Thanks." Kim giggled and blushed.

They were both giggling like schoolgirls at this point.

They place their napkins on their lap.

"You ready to order?" Kim asked.

Erin nod. "Yap. I'm freaking starving. You have no idea!"

As she was so nervous for tonight, she literally hadn't eaten anything part twelve this afternoon. Not even coffee since that she just further fuel her agitation.