Moments

"So what do you want to do?" Kim asked as she unlock the door to her apartment.
"Well, we could order in. I'm starving!" Erin suggested as she entered Kim's apartment.

The moment she step foot into her apartment, she was immediately taken aback by how homie it looked.
"Wow! You've got a nice place." She exclaimed.
Everything was so proper and clean and intact, unlike hers. There weren't any dishes waiting to be washed, the trash can was empty, no clothes lying on the floor or piling up in the laundry basket. Her apartment is everyone's dream. She is now a little embarrassed that Kim had to see her apartment in that state this morning.

"Thanks." Kim replied with a smiled.
"My apartment is trash compared to yours." Erin said as she walk to the kitchen.
"What? No. Of course not. Your apartment looks...um, nice." Kim said hesitantly, in her highpitch voice like she always does when she's lying. She hopes Erin didn't notice it.

Erin laughed and smirked at Kim. "Yeah right! You don't even believe your own words, Kim! You and lying don't mix well." She said and leaned over the kitchen counter to give her a peck on the lips.
"May be you should help me with my organization." Erin said flirtatiously and wrapped her arms around her waist.
"Ohhhh! It's funny if you think you only need help in that."
Erin let go of her and her mouth fell to the floor.
"Don't look so shocked, Er. Have you seen your sink? It's a nightmare."

Kim was speechless this morning to see such a sink.
'Even Adam has a cleaner house.' She thought. She've never seen anything like that before. It was largely due to the fact that her family used to spend Sundays cleaning the entire house instead of going on family outings like normal people.

Feeling a little hurt, Erin wanted to change the subject as it just brought back memories of her childhood. A time where she had to do all the housework as her mother was always high or somewhere out getting a fix. Living alone and the freedom has now made her exactly like her mother. And that's her biggest fear.
"I know. I know. I'm messy! Let's just order pizza. I'm freaking hungry." She smiled trying not to show her vulnerability.

With all the chasing and sweating, Kim had started to stink. So she decided to change into her pink pajamas.
"Oh my!" Erin laughed. "You look so hot." Erin said checking her out.

They ate and sat on the couch while watching a Telenovela. Even though they're cheesy and overdramatic as hell, Kim loves watching them as for an hour or so, she feels as if her deepest desires might just come true. Erin watched but didn't understand a thing. All she can make out is that an attractive man had died and a gorgeous girl, probably his girlfriend, was now bawling her eyes out in the funeral. She yawned as she took the last bite of her pizza.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"STOP!" Will screamed. "STOP THE CAR, JAY!" He screamed again, clutching onto his seat as his brother was speeding through the streets. Jay didn't stop but applied even more pressure on the gas pedal, driving even faster.
"JAY! STOP! YOU'RE GONNA GET US KILLED!" Will pleaded.

Jay looked at his brother with teary eyes and was still speeding. He can see the fear in his brother as he held onto his seat for dear life. He realised he was being inconsiderate and greedy since he's not only putting his life in danger but also Will's, his baby brother who hasn't done anything but been there for him.

Jay immediately slowed down and Will finally relaxed in his seat. "You need to pull over. You're not stable right now."
"I'm fine." Jay snapped at him.
"Fine? No, you're not! You were just driving like a crazy person!" Will shouted. "Jay! At least stop at the next gas station."

Jay stopped and they sat there for a few minutes in silence, no one saying a word. With all the silence, they can hear the traffic in the distance.
"I'm sorry." Jay said looking down at the steering wheel.
"It's ok. I understand." Will said rubbing his back. "You want to talk about her?"
Still looking down at the steering wheel, Jay shook his head and he can feel water stinging his eyes.

They sat there in silence again. Will knows this was his fault. He had forced him into going to a strip club even when he knows he's not ready. "I'm sorry, Jay. I shouldn't have forced you into this."
Jay looked up at him and Will saw the tears and exhaustion in his brother's face, "You shouldn't have."
Jay knows Will's intentions were nothing but from his heart. He just wanted him to have a good time but he should've listened to him when he said he wasn't ready.

Feeling overwhelmed, Jay finally broke down in tears. Now, as Will watched his brother cry softly in his seat with his hands over his face, he can't help but feel apart of him break too. He loves him and it truly pains him to see him in this state.
'This is all my fault.' He thought. He was only thinking about his needs and not of his brother's who clearly needed him.

Will grabbed him, pulling his big brother into a tight embrace. This had reminded Will of when they were little when he got hurt at the playground and started crying. Jay would come running to his rescue.
"Hey. I know it hurts. Sh...sh..." He tried calming him down but nothing seemed to be working.

Jay couldn't say a word even if he wanted to. He couldn't voice the fact that their relationship was over. "It hurts, Will." He cried on his shoulder.
"I know it does...I'm here for you." He said, stroking his back.
"I can't believe it's over. After all we've been through...I love her so much." He started to say but Will stopped him, "We don't need to talk about her just yet if you're not ready."
"No. I want to." Jay finally realized it's time that he stop dawdling about her. With that, he let it all out, piece by piece. Telling him everything from the kiss that he'd stumbled upon to their break up. Will listened as his brother cried his heart out with every detail.

This simple moment showed Jay that Will was there for as long as he needed him to be.