Problem Solving

You focused on the patch with your name on it as you gripped the edge of your seat trying to calm yourself down. Your breathing was heavy and you dare not look up at the others who were surely laughing at you. You bent over and tried to calm down, but your mind only started reeling more as you felt the small aircraft stumble through the air. There was a hand on your knee and you looked up. The plastic window of your halo suit was fogging up due to your heaving breathing and you held your breath waiting for it to clear, finally making eye contact with a pair of supportive green eyes. The pair of eyes belonged to your co-recruit Eggsy, one of the only ones who ever paid any attention to you. The others were stuck up snobs who paid attention for only one reason; because you were a girl. There were only two girls left out of the 8 or so recruits that had shown up a few days ago. The other girl was a smart, well educated type who seemed better with words than with weapons. You were the opposite. Your weapons scores were second highest, next to Eggsy. You and Eggsy had teamed up from the start, he had asked if he could work with you during combat training and weapons training, but you soon realized that you guys were way too good a team for just weapons and combat. "Y/n are you okay?"

You nodded weakly, fully aware that the boys both across and beside you were snickering. "I just don't like heights."

Eggsy took your hands and held them. "It'll be fine. You'll be fine." He smiled and his smile immediately warmed your heart. He had one of those smiles that could both be very genuine or cheeky depending on how he wanted it to come off. In this moment, his eyes were kind and genuine, he squeezed your hands reassuringly as Merlin's voice came through the intercom announcing the approaching drop zone. The evacuation slide opened and you could see the blue and white sky from the opening, the view was nearly blinding.

You stayed in your seat as the others piled towards the open door. Eggsy pulled you up and guided you towards the door. Feeling the air pressure from below and watching the others fly out, you went to turn back around. "No! Y/n stop fucking about! If I'm doing this, so are you!" His eyes widened as he tried to convince you,"We're a team remember?"

You nodded as a tear of fear rolled down your cheek. He pulled you close and you hugged him desperately. He let you go and you stood there watching him, he backed towards the edge of the slid and shot a wink your way before letting himself be carried off by the wind. Biting your lip, you crept towards the edge of the platform and finally jumped with a triumphant scream. You didn't give yourself a second chance to over think your decision.

At first the wind was so loud that you couldn't even hear your own screams. Your arms and legs were flailing helplessly and you started panicking even more, if that was possible. A stronger gust of wind hit your chest and helped you to even out and catch up with the others in the group. "Ey!
Y/n you made it!" Eggsy beamed as he saw you come up next to him. He took your hand and you grinned back as you tried to enjoy yourself.

But.

Just as quickly as you had jumped out of the plane, Merlin had dropped a bomb. One of us doesn't have a parachute. It was up to you and the group to work out a plan quickly. Eggsy had suggested forming a circle and everybody opening their parachutes one by one, but some people had opened too soon in fear and selfishness, leaving only three of you left. The boy opposite you called that he was ready and Eggsy shouted for him to go ahead.

Hurry up. Merlin had called into your built in headsets. You looked down and saw the ground approaching faster then ever. You started saying your goodbyes and prayers. "Y/n! No matter what I've got you!" Eggsy wrapped his arms around you and then his legs. "Pull it!"

"I can't, I can't reach!"

You felt Eggsy's hand patting down your side, "What the fuck? Where is it?!"

You screamed as you could finally make out the Kingsman K as clear as day. Eggsy grabbed your butt and your yelped but you were interrupted as you two shot up quickly into the air. Eggsy screamed as you tried to steer the parachute towards the K. Eggsy was practically hanging off of you, gripping around your waist for dear life. Your speed hadn't slowed much and the K was a near feet below.

You both screamed. A loud thud came as you both landed hard on the ground  and you let out a pained groan as Eggsy landed on top of you. You flopped your head down on the green grass and caught your breath, not caring that Eggsy's head was on your chest. After a minute or two of silence, you took off your helmet and went to sit up.

"Wait, wait don't sit up yet y/n, I'm still catching my breath."

"Well hurry up!" You laughed as Eggsy rolled over and removed his helmet too.

He looked over at you and took your hand. "You know y/n, I'm really proud of you."

You smiled, "Why?"

"Because you were braver then anybody else here, you conquered your fear and almost died doing so!"

"I guess so...when you put it like that."

Eggsy squeezed your hand and sat up with his knees up to his chest. "I'm so glad you're here." 

"Me? Why? I could hardly jump out of a plane, what makes you think I could handle being a Kingsman?"

"Yes you, and even if you don't make it, I'm just happy I met you." Eggsy smiled and looked back out at the vast amount of green lawn.

You chuckled and looked at him. "I'm glad I met you too."

You sprang up onto your feet and offered out your hands to him. He took them gladly and then pulled you into a hug. His cheek rested on yours and you could feel his dimples, you smiled at the thought of his smile. "I really like you Y/n."

"I really like you too, Eggsy." You whispered into his ear. He kissed you on the cheek and you tried to hold back the big smile on your face.

Mission accomplished, I guess. You thought as you took his hand and walked back to the mansion together.

"We make a great team."