What Goes Around, Comes Around

"Eggsy, ring the babysitter please!" Michelle called from the other room. The young man wondered out of his room to see what was going on. He came out to see his mum sitting on the couch with a big, retched oaf of a man; his stepdad. Wade's arm was draped lazily around his mum's shoulders and one of Wade's mates was sitting on his other side.

"Why? Where're you goin'?" Eggsy tilted his chin towards the door.

"Y'er mum 'n I are goin' on a little date, Musgsy. How's that sound?" Wade sneered in reply.

Eggsy ignored him and picked up the phone. He grabbed the paper Michelle held out to him with the baby sitter's number on it and dialled it. She picked up in two rings. Although, Eggsy had never met the baby sitter, (he was always out at the Black Prince) she had come over a few times and his mum and surprisingly Wade, had taken a liking to her. "Uh yeah, this is Eggsy Unwin, you babysit for my mum 'n my sister." He squinted hoping he had the right number.

"Oh hi! Does she need me? I'm available now if that works." The girl on the other end of the line sounded cheerful and young.

"Uh yeah, sure, that works, thanks." Eggsy hung up the phone after the girl agreed politely and said her thanks. He put the phone down and turned back towards his mum.

"It's alright if I go out for a bit, yeah?"

Wade went to cut Eggsy off but Michelle gestured with her hand for Eggsy to leave. "We'll be gone by the time you come back. Be safe, darling."

Eggsy nodded and made his way towards the door. He stopped and crouched down to say goodbye to his little sister before leaving. He smiled as she looked up at him. She started giggling as he stroked her cheek gently. Eggsy stood up and shot a glare at his stepdad as he walked out.

There was a knock on the door and Wade shrugged on his jacket and opened the door hastily. "Y'ello! C'mon in sweetheart." He turned back around and yelled for Michelle. "Let's go Michelle! Sitter's 'ere 'n the boy 'ill be back anytime now!" The blonde haired woman made her way quickly towards the door in response.

"Nice to see you Y/n, thanks for coming on such short notice." Michelle hugged you cheerfully.

You smiled back. "Anytime, I'm always available."

"Alright well we'll be back..." She looked to Wade with a frown-

"Late." He finished with a smug grin. You cringed as you looked at Michelle. She always looked so tired and worn down whenever you saw her.

Michelle quickly regained her composure as Wade walked out of the door not waiting on her to catch up. She patted your shoulder with a weak smile. "Thanks love."

You closed the door behind Michelle and went over to visit her beautiful baby daughter. Simply seeing Daisy made you happy, taking care of her was almost like having a sibling of your own. She opened her eyes, almost sensing your presence and grinned a goofy toothless grin up at you. You gently picked her up and checked her diaper, all was good on the home front.
As far as you knew she wasn't in need of a feeding yet so you went over to the couch and sat down. Grabbing the remote you turned on the tele and surfed the channels looking for something to watch, you gave up and went on finding a film on Netflix instead.

You decided on watching a remake of a classic comedy/parody, you clicked Get Smart with Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway and Dwayne Johnson. Spy movies were your favourite, they were so captivating and intriguing, usually action filled with amazing heroes and even better villains. Sure the Bond films were iconic and filled with intense action and suspense, but those films weren't nearly as good as Get Smart, simply due to one thing; they lacked the humour Get Smart had. Humour was really important, what was a good movie without humour and cool wit? Time passed by as you worked out your answer to that thoughtful question in between watching the film.