Just Make Sure You Pass

"You know it, I just said it! Y/n, weren't you listening to a word I was sayin'?"

You flopped your head down on your textbook with a sigh. Your friend and co-recruit Eggsy were supposed to be studying for a written exam tomorrow, but all you could think of was going to sleep and getting some rest. "Mhmm.."

He let the textbook he had been holding fall on the table and you jumped back up. You shoved him playfully. "Dickhead."

"I am not!" He tried to fake a look of hurt but ended up laughing instead.

You nodded and crossed your arms over your chest and tried to keep a straight face as you pretended to glare at him. "You woke me up, I'm trying to sleep! We've been at this for hours, my brain hurts!"

"Fair enough, why don't we take a break?" He started packing up the papers and books. You raised an eyebrow at him and turned to walk out the door. He just smiled back at you.

"Well, I don't know about you, but my break will consist of sleep."

He caught up to you as you walked down the hallway. "That's fine, mine too."

You chuckled and glanced sideways while narrowing your eyes. "Eggsy Unwin, what exactly are you getting at?"

He quickened his pace and started jogging backwards in front of you. "I'm just suggesting you should follow me."

"Fine."

"Good." He laughed and took your hand, turning back around. He jogged faster and you tried to keep up with him. He let go of your hand and pushed on two double doors, opening them both forcefully so they hit the wall with a bang. "Shit! Whoops!"

You tried to stifle a laugh but couldn't as you snickered quietly. Eggsy shook his head and walked over to one of the many bookshelves that lined the room. They were high and luxurious looking, a dark mahogany glazed finish with marble pillars that lined the walls at intervals. He trailed his slim fingers across the spines of the many books until he grabbed one and held it up triumphantly. "Aha got it!"

You raised your eyebrows. "What's that?"

"The Hunger Games."

You chuckled, "Seriously? Out of all the books, you choose The Hunger Games?!"

Eggsy just shrugged and went to sit on the window seat. The window seat itself, wasn't a typical "window seat" as it was nearly three feet wide and about six feet long. It was lined with soft carpeting and a pillow at each end. Clearly, the library wasn't just for research, but for relaxing too. You nearly dove onto the window seat next to him and grabbed both of the big pillows then stuffed them under your head. Eggsy raised his arms in defeat as he shook his head, the book smacking his leg.

"Fine...I guess you can have one..." You smacked him in the head with one of the pillows with a laugh.

He groaned and then opened the book and started reading aloud. "Can you read in your head maybe?"

You stretched out and turned over to face him and he just grinned at you. "Well Y/n, I was going to read to you, I figured that'll put you to sleep anyways."

You chuckled and smiled at him, his eyes smiled back at you as you sighed and sat up. You leaned against his shoulder and eyed the hardcover grey novel. "Fair enough, I'm listening now."

"Haven't you read it already?"

"Yeah, spoiler alert, everybody dies!" Eggsy gasped and turned to you wide eyed. You laughed and smiled proudly.