Mugsy's Back

Wade.

Not Wade Wilson, the psychopath in a red suit who calls himself Deadpool.

But my stepdad.

The fucker who beats my mum, who haunts me and who won't get the fuck out of my life. He's been there nearly the whole time I've grown up. Well, since my dad died anyway. Mum never truly got over that one, she just pushed her grief away and buried it in some fat pig instead.

Looking in the mirror, I saw the same stud that stood where I was just a few weeks ago. New hair cut but basically same outside. The inside, well, let's just say that was another story. The suit I wore was a modern gentleman's armour as a good friend once told me. The suit was bullet proof, of course and the ring around my finger could kill someone. Yes, I was a spy...but that didn't mean I didn't have problems.

And that's where we get caught up to where I am now, standing in the Black Prince with Wade and a handful of his nimrod mates. Of course there was a voice telling me not too because my mum was sat in a booth having to watch, but getting revenge on Wade after all these years of abuse won over. So here I am. The only one left standing in a room of bodies and my mum. She was looking at me with a look of awe and disbelief. God I loved her, I smiled at the thought of not having to see her beautiful eyes welling up in tears again. She ran into my arms and I kissed her cheek. She thanked me and I knew she meant it, even if the man she had once loved was lying in a heap on the floor of the pub thanks to me. It was nice having my mum and my little sister back and not having to worry about Wade anymore.

Suddenly there were footsteps coming around the corner and a door unlocking. Must be the wine cellar. A girl walked out. She looked to be about my age, long hair and big eyes, she was pretty. She stopped when she saw the mess. Her eyes grew even larger as she focused on me then my mum. She dropped the bottle she had been carrying and jumped as it hit the floor with a shattered crash. Guess I had better do something...

"Miss, please remain calm-"

"Calm! You just singlehandedly killed like six people in my pub!" The girl marched around the bar and stood in front of me with her arms crossed.

"Not all of them are dead..."

"That's not the point, the point is: clean up your mess!"

"Well you just said you're the pub owner..."

-"Eggsy just clean it up, don't put the girl through any more stress." My mum interrupted as she put a hand on my shoulder. I looked around, I really didn't want to clean any of it up. I sighed, "fine..."

The girl grinned and snatched a cloth from behind the bar and tossed it at me. She then disappeared around the corner again.

I turned toward my mum. "Mum, I'm sorry about all o' this." She stroked my cheek lightly and for some weird reason, I just wanted to cry. But I couldn't.

"It's fine sweetheart, I just want to know you're safe. I can't lose you too."

"Mum, I'm fine! I'm more then capable of taking care of myself now..."

She shook her head. "You know that's not what I meant. I mean inside, I just don't want anything eating you up on the inside."