The Flight

From the second to the eighth of February 1977, ABBA were in Germany, The Netherlands and Belguim as a part of their European tour.

It was a cold morning in Copenhagen, Denmark. The group were leaving there to travel to Germany. Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Frida had all just boarded their private jet. It was a big plane with lots of space. All the camera crew, backup singers and instrument players went on another flight because this plane was just for the ABBA. "If you'd like to take a seat we are about to move off" the pilot called though from the front of the plane. Frida and Benny sat down together at the near the front. At the other end Björn had taken his seat. "Agnetha please sit down, we are just about to take off" Björn said looking up at his wife who was trying to calm herself from her fear of flying. "I don't know if I can do this" panic filled her voice as she looked down at Björn. "Of course you can my darling, you know every time we fly we always land safely" he said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her down next to him. "Cuddle into me and you will be ok" Björn put his arm around Agnetha, she buried her head into his chest and squeezed him tight wrapping her arms around his waist.

The group had all got their seatbelts on so now everyone was ready for take off. The pilot started the engines up. Benny and Frida were so excited at the front of the plane. Meanwhile Agnetha was having a panic attack at the back. "Björn what if the plane crashes.....what if we die...what if we n...." Björn cut her talking off by a kiss. "I promise everything will be alright" he pulled her closer to him. The plane was going fast down the runway ready to take off. "Here we go" Frida turned round to Benny full of excitement. The plane lifted off the ground "Oh my god I'm so scared" Agnetha screamed. "Shhh honey you are ok" Björn calmed her down. "Look we are off the ground now and we are all fine" Benny shouted down to Agnetha.

It was now half way through the flight. Agnetha had fallen asleep cuddling into Björn. Frida and Benny came down to the back of the plane to see them. "How is she feeling" Frida said looking at Agnetha. "She's exhausted, she has been crying since we left the hotel this morning. She is so scared of flying" Björn answered kissing Agnethas head. "Well it's not long until we land now, it's good she is getting some rest" Benny smiled.

A few minutes later Agnetha woke up to the pilot calling the announcement that the plane was going to land. "Hello sleepy head" Björn said as Agnetha sat up. "Did I really sleep through the whole flight?" She yawned. "Yes you did" Björn laughed. Suddenly the plane started to have turbulence. "What is happening!" Agnetha yelled down to the pilot. Frida then took off her seatbelt and came to sit on the other seat next to Agnetha. "You are alright, it is just turbulence, it is normal" Frida grabbed Agnethas hand and Björn held her other hand.

The plane got through the turbulence and it started to descend for landing. "You can do this Agnetha" Frida said, she hated seeing her best friend so upset. Agnetha cried the whole time until the plane touched the ground. "You did it honey" Björn wiped her tears and kissed her. Agnetha let go of Fridas hand and put her arms around Björn. "I was so scared" she said while was still shaking. "Well done Agnetha" Frida tapped her on the back and went back up to Benny. "Thank you for coming to sit with me" Agnetha said as Frida got up.

All four got ready to get off the plane. "I probably have makeup all down my face from crying, don't I?" Agnetha turned round to Björn. "You don't honey, you look beautiful as always" he replied kissing her on the lips. "Right lets open the doors and get off" Benny said while moving forward towards the door. ABBA got off the plane, got into their private cars and headed to the hotel.

Part two coming soon :)