Chapter 18

I bit down on my bottom lip so hard I practically drew blood. I didn't dare turn my head to look at my father, who was most likely fuming, but it's not like I had much of a choice anyway. I was completely frozen head to toe, besides my hands, which were already beginning to shake. I could easily hear my father's heavy breathing from a few feet behind me which wasn't a very good sign.

"I never saw him come in or leave." He seethed.

My mom's eyes were still locked with mine as she spoke,

"I was confused as well, it looked as if he was coming from the side of the house."

I let out a sigh of defeat at my mom's close attention to detail. I decided I was going to be completely honest with them, lying would only cause more problems in the end anyways.

But even if I wanted to, how could I even make up a decent lie to cover up what my mom saw with her own two eyes? It was merely impossible.

There was a lump which I couldn't quite swallow down in my throat, although I spoke anyway, my voice rather hoarse,

"He came in through my bedroom window."

"Did you invite him over?" My mom inquired.

"No, honestly he came over himself." I
shrugged.

Finally I had gained the strength to turn my head, seeing my father deep in thought. His eyes were glued to the hard maple wood flooring, his lips in a crisp, unreadable straight line.

After a brief moment of complete and utter silence he spoke,

"Why'd you let him in?" His tone was surprisingly calm.

I ran a hand over my face,

"I don't know." I sighed, my words mumbled by my palm.

My father opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, eventually allowing the words to tumble from his lips,

"Harley, I want the best for you, you know that right?"

I didn't use my voice, instead I just nodded in response. Although he wasn't looking at me he got the point and continued,

"If I'm being honest, Harry is not what is best for you."

His voice was slow, almost as if he were speaking to a two year old.

"We're not even really dating." I pointed out.

My father raised an eyebrow and turned his face up to look at me,

"I don't care. People like him are only toxic. You shouldn't even be near him. I can almost guarantee you that within a year he won't even remember your name."

His voice was growing deeper by the word.

I could feel my face growing red,

"But he's my soulmate." I growled.

"Just because he's your soulmate, doesn't mean you are bound to him." My father countered.

Instead of pushing my father even further, I simply turned around on my heel and made my way back upstairs to my bedroom.

I didn't want to argue anymore.

I didn't want to hear how "bad" Harry is to be around.

You can't say someone is "toxic", when all you do is judge them the minute you laid your eyes on them and quickly push them away.

I fell back onto my bed, the mattress springing as my body made contact with it. I closed my eyes and started gently to rub my temples, all of the words my father fired at me whirling around in my head.

I decided after a while of complete silence and self thought that I should take a shower. I stepped into the bathroom, quickly stripping of my clothes and hopping through the glass doors.

The sinisterly hot water was rather calming as it continuously pelted my skin. Against my will my mind wondered back to my kiss with Harry, the feeling of his lips on mine somewhat still somewhat sensible on my lips.

Once I dried myself off and got into and got into a fresh change of clothes, I flung myself back onto my bed and turned the television on. I had at least a good two hours until dinner, so I flipped through the channels until I settled on some new reality show.

Just as I was about to reach for my phone, it ironically began to buzz. I picked it up and saw Harry's name light up on the screen. I hit "accept", the sound of Harry's breathing filling the other side.

"What's up?" I tried to ask in my most cheerful voice.

"I think your mum saw me." He rushed.

I let out a prolonged sigh,

"Yeah, she did."

"Shit, I'm sorry Harley."

I could practically already see him biting his lip out of frustration.

"No, it's fine." I assured him.

"No, no it is definitely not, your father is going to probably kill you and it's all my damn fault."

"He's not going to kill me." I half laughed.

"But he sure as hell will make sure I don't see you again."

"Well he doesn't have a say in that."

"Oh come on Harley, we both know he does."

"No he doesn't." I spat back.

Just as Harry was probably about to speak, my mom called me for dinner.

"I have to go." I mumbled into the phone.

"Call me if you need anything." Harry replied, and with that he hung up.

I walked down the stairs and into the dining room, where my parents were already sitting down. Once again, my father at the head of the table. My mom was by his side. I cautiously made my way to the other side next to my father, his attention already taken up by the lasagna on his plate.

I watched as a small deadly smirk played at the ends of my fathers lips as he looked up at me,

"So, did have fun in your room with Harry earlier?" He asked. Honestly I was surprised he even spoke Harry's name.

I rolled my eyes,

"We didn't do anything, I promise."

My father laugh,

"Sure you didn't." He spoke sarcastically.

"We didn't." I protested, uncontrollably raising my voice.

"That's probably the real reason Anna was in such a rush, she probably saw you two dry humbling each other."

My mom let out a gasp and I made a disgusted noise,

"What the fuck?" I spat.

"Since he found out you're his soulmate he's going to take every chance he gets to use you." My father bravely continued.

"He is not using me!" I yelled.

"Maybe not yet, but boy like him are nothing but- but players."

"Can you just stop?" I groaned.

My father didn't say and neither did I. I quickly finished my lasagna and out my plate in the wink before solemnly making my way back upstairs to my room.

There was a cold draft as I entered the dark space, and immediately I realized the window was still open. I quickly flashed the light on and strolled over to the open window, closing it and locking it with one swift motion.

It was already seven-thirty so I put on my pajama bottoms and I random t-shirt before once again climbing into my bed and watching an old chick flick until I passed out.

{Hey!

You guys should check out @L4rryStylins0n's story "Freak"

It's amazing :) }