Chapter 45

Harry looked over at me, his mouth agape. He put his hands behind his back, rocking back and forth on the heels of his feet as if in thought.

And then he laughed. My mind was set for World War III but he was laughing.

"The only 'Nameless Girl' I can't seem to figure out is the one whose blood red lipstick is smeared all over your face." Harry said, diverting his words towards Mikey. "Unless, you know, it isn't lipstick. Easier said then done for a guy like yourself."

Mikey scoffed, "Fuck you, Styles." But then he laughed, and I became confused. But all the while I stayed silent.

"Now if you don't mind," Harry continued, turning back around so he was facing the field and his back was toward Mikey, "I would like to enjoy the game. Thank you very much."

I did the same and so did Ben who was beside me, and then I smiled. But then I felt Harry's presence closing in, his lips right above my ear.

"We'll just talk about it later, alright?"

And I couldn't tell what emotion his words held. Were they soft? Were they cold? It was all so fast.

I simply nodded back, and with that I felt him pull away.

Then the crowd around began to cheer, and I looked ahead, only to notice the two teams running onto the field. I let out a deep breath, the air coming out of my mouth white and then transparent as it dissolved around me.

I felt Ben bump my arm. I turned to look at him, only to find him already looking at me. He licked his lips, a look of hesitance on his face until he leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"Plans suck. Forget plans. Just tell him the truth. If he cares about you like we both think he does, than he's not going to get mad. He's not going to get mad. Just tell the truth."

When he pulls away I nod. He nods back, except he's got a smile. Unlike me.

Half time rolled around about a half an hour into the game, the marching band made it's way down to the field, along with the cheerleading squad. They were wearing such little outfits for such cold weather, it even physically hurt to watch.

"Would you like to get something to drink?" Harry asked. "I don't know, maybe something to eat? I'm sure they've got some stands set up behind the bleachers."

"There are," Ben cut in. "I mean the shit is overpriced but it's there. Always behind the home bleachers."

Harry nodded, "Thanks sweetheart."

Ben laughed, "No problem sugar-pop."

"Well, if you two love birds are done with the cheesy nicknames we can head on down, unless you want the line to be never-ending."

"Alrighty then," Harry said, grabbing my hand. "Let's go."

As we began to walk away I immediately noticed Ben wasn't following along. Turning around, I saw him standing there, staring at the field. He looked lost. I decided to send him a whistle. But he didn't seem to hear.

So I called his name, "Ben! Ben c'mon!"

After that he turned his head, a look of agony on his face.

"Are you coming?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah." He nodded, sending me a smile.

Walking down the steps I watched as the players flooded off of the field, as well as the coaches. All of the helmet-less jersey's blended in with one another, making it hard to ignore the path of one in particular.