Chapter 15: Band

Diz, Runo, Jack, and Darius all sat under the tree with me as I played a song. They sang along with me in loud voices.

"Woah, we're half way there,

WOAH-HO! Livin on a prayer

take my hand, we'll make it I swear

WOAH-HO livin on a prayer!" We sang in pure joy.

I know what they're really up to. They asked me yesterday before Sasuke left to train for a month with Kakashi for the chunin exams if I wanted to hang with them all day today and spend the night at Jacks place. It's obvious that they're trying to get me to keep my mind off of Sasuke being gone. And I love them for that. When Sasuke told me he was leaving I wanted so baddly to cry, and I almost did. But thank God for slap-happy deffences. I smiled and hugged him, telling him to be safe.

I have almost everyone doing something to keep me from worrying to much and missing Sasuke. NARUTO even asked me if I wanted to hang with him for awhile. And I barly know the guy! But it makes me feel so good inside that they care enough to help.

"Jason, will sing us a sweet song? Please?!" Darius asked.

I laughed and nodded. "But hows about we wait until later? I have one I wrote but I think it would sound better on piano. Theres only so much a guitar can do." They all nodded. "By the way. Can any of you play piano?"

"I can!" Runo said excitedly.

"Sweet."

"Also, later on, my friend and his sister are coming for the sleep over. I think his sister plays a little piano." Jack said.

"Awsome. Dude we should start a band." Runo joked.

Something sparked up inside of me and I looked over at Diz who looked like he had the same spark. We nodded at eachother and looked at Runo.

"I was kidding guys."

"You may have been. But thats a really good idea. Jason and I play guitar and you play drums and piano. We have everything to make a great band."

"Your missing two viatle points there my friend. A singer and bass player."

Diz looked discouraged then. Jack cleared his throte.

"Actually the friend I just mentioned, he plays bass. I bet if you ask him he might play with you guys. Not to mention the fact that both Jason and Diz are amazing singers. I bet they could share the mic."

I looked between Diz and Runo. Runo sighed and nodded her head saying she would give it a try. We cheered and sat around awhile longer before getting up to go to Jacks place. His Mom is awsome.

We watched TV mainly. The doorbell rang and Jack got up to get it. He came back with a guy with long black hair pulled back and a girl with shoulder length red hair.

"Guys, this is Mishka DeLarosa and his sister Kalie. Mishka, Kalie, this is Diz Rucary, Runo Talbot, Jason Goode, and Darius Marsh." We all said our hellos and sat around on the floor.

"Oh yes. Mishka. You play bass?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Diz Runo and I are thinking of starting a band. We wanted to know if you could be our bass player."

He thought for a second and then said "Could we play once sometime tomorrow? You know, just to make sure the band would actually sound good?"

I was about ready to say yeah when Diz tossed and arm over my shoulder and grinned. "Obviously you've never heard our little sweetheart sing or play guitar. Oh, speaking of which, you were going to sing that sweet song for Darius?"

"Oh right. Runo. I've got sheet music."

"Perfect." She got up and sat down at the sleek black Stineway babygrand against the wall. She popped her fingers and began to play. It's sad. But it's also some of my best work. I began to sing. And the entire time I did, I thought of Megan. But it didn't hurt me to think of her during this song. It's true, theres only silence, she worried a lot about me, and this IS our farewell.

At one point Runo sang a small part with me. It made it sound so much better. Darius gave me a very light hug and sniffled when it was over. I patted his back and gave him a huge smile.

Mishka and his sister gave me approving smiles and nodded. "Tomorrow, we shall meet up, and practice."