Chapter 13

{Song in video: All Time Low - Weightless}

The next few days we had an unusual amount of schoolwork to do, so when the weekend finally came, me and my friends decided to go in students' lounge. It had a few arcade games, skee ball, air hockey, and a pool table. They also sold smoothies and snacks there. Guys and girls can both come together here from 7 AM - 9 PM. We basically had to be at our dorms by 10 PM anyways, that was our curfew.

"I don't even know what to do first!" Dasha exclaimed, grinning while looking around the room. "First I'm going to get a raspberry smoothie." She quickly walked to the snack and drinks area.

"Well in the meantime, we can play skee ball," I said to Kenzie and Katelyn, pointing at it.

"Yeah sounds fun," Kenzie said.

"What about you, Katelyn?" I looked over at her.

"Yeah that'll be fine," Katelyn said, looking over some class notes.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "We're supposed to have fun and relax right now! You can study later." I sounded a little whiny but I didn't care. Katelyn usually took too many things seriously. I just wanted her to have some fun every once in a while. She was always reading, studying, or researching something. I give her props to being a hard worker but everyone needs a little down time every once in a while.

"But this is senior year; we need to get more serious about school work. If I wanted to get accepted to the University of London, Princeton, Yale, or Harvard, then I need to keep extreme focus on my schoolwork this year."

"I know but you've been studying and doing a ton of school work since you first got back. Relaxing every once in a while won't hurt you, as a matter of fact it will actually help a lot. You don't want to get burned out." I raised an eyebrow, giving her a look.

She sighed and put away her organizer. "I guess you're right. All I've done is focus so much on school that I barely even acknowledge you guys anymore."

"Good." I grinned. "Now let's play some skee ball!" I absolutely loved skee ball. I was really good at it. I usually hit a lot of baskets in a minute, scoring the most out of all of us.

We went over to where the skee balls were and started playing. I was really fast and Kenzie and Katelyn were much slower.

Dasha came over to us, sipping on her raspberry smoothie. "Mmm just like all the other years! This smoothie is still the best!" she exclaimed giddily. "After you all are done, I want to try too."

After we were finished, we played again with Dasha. She kept throwing the ball so hard that it went off of the skee ball table and hit the ground, sometimes even the wall.

"Dude, you need to calm down," I said to her, chuckling as I noticed how competitive she looked.

"I need to win!" She had a determined look on her face and kept throwing the balls really hard.

"But you're barely getting any in the basket. If you were gentler, you'd make more baskets."

Of course, she ignored me and kept throwing the balls hard.

"Well well well, what are Eyebrows and her friends doing? Playing some skee ball?" I heard Zander's voice from behind me say.

"Congratulations, you figured it out," I said to him sarcastically, not stopping and kept throwing the balls in the basket.

"I challenge you for the next play, Eyebrows." He gave me a smug look.

"Challenge accepted, Archibald." Just as I said that, the four of us were done with the game. "We should make it more interesting."