Chapter 24

{Song in video: Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag}

I went to the kitchen, while my friends and everyone else didn't have to come today. This time Sam, Amanda, and a group of other kids were going to bake today. All of the cookies from yesterday ended up getting served so we decided to make a few other batches.

Zander walked in the kitchen, he had to be there too since he was also in charge.

"Okay guys, so yesterday the other group made two batches of chocolate chip cookies. Most of it got sold yesterday and the rest of them got sold this morning. So we're going to make two batches again today," I told everyone.

I showed them the recipe that was in the cookbook and we got out the bowl, pan, and ingredients. Me and Zander accidentally brushed against each other's hands while we both tried to reach for all-purpose flour at the same time. Zander's face turned red and he scowled at me. "You get it then...Eyebrows," he muttered, quickly walking away.

Okay...that was definitely strange. I never noticed him acting like that before. I raised an eyebrow, shrugged, and got back to what we were doing.

"Your boyfriend is really cute," Amanda whispered to me, having a grin on her face.

Unfortunately, she said that as I took a swig of water from my water bottle. "What?!" I exclaimed, choking on my water.

Amanda gasped and whacked my back. A minute later, my throat finally settled and I stopped choking and coughing. "He is NOT my boyfriend," I said, crossing my arms.

Her eyes widened and she looked embarrassed. "Oh...uh sorry. I just assumed since...I don't know..." She stammered, looking at the ground.

"It's okay you didn't know." I sighed.

Zander came over to me and smirked. "Choking on water, aren't we, Eyebrows?" he said. He then took a sip of his water.

Well at least he's back to normal. I was about to respond but I decided not to and instead whacked his water bottle up while he was drinking it.

He choked on the water for a few seconds and his eyes widened in surprise. After he settled, he glared at me. "What the hell?! Are you nuts?" He tried to smack my arm but he knocked the bowl over and made a mess with the cookie batter.

"Well thank God the bowl isn't made of glass," I muttered.

"This is all your fault!"

"How is this MY fault? You're the one that knocked the bowl over like an idiot!"

We continued bickering and then Sam said sternly, "Stop! It's both of you all's fault so you both clean it up. We were just about to put this in the oven too." He crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows.

Both me and Zander cleaned the mess up without any other words. "Okay so we'll make this again," Zander said, softening his face.

This time, we made the cookies with no mess or spills. The oven beeped and we put it in there. In the meantime, we made another batch.

I took a blue lollipop out of my pocket and put it in my mouth.

"What are you five?" Zander scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Nope...I'm four," I replied, snickering at him.

"You certainly act like it."

"I think someone's cranky because they don't have a lollipop." I mocked him in a baby tone.

"I think someone's really annoying because they do have a lollipop."

"So I'm not annoying when I don't have a lollipop?" I raised my eyebrows, chuckling to myself.