Chapter 36

{Song in video: The Drums - Down By The Water}

The next rest of winter break had flown by either quickly or slowly, nothing in between. We all got back to campus on Sunday evening, my parents dropped us off. I didn't tell my friends yet about me and Zander's kiss. I didn't know why but I just wanted to wait until the right time.

"Liv, you've been unusually quiet lately," Dasha said as we went in Chatswin's cafeteria. She gave me a suspicious look.

I took a deep breath and sighed. It's time to tell them. "I'm fine...I just have something to tell you..." I started to say. I knew as soon as I would tell them, they would say that they told me so and that I was wrong. I admitted I hated being wrong.

"What is it?" Kenzie asked, looking concerned.

I sighed again. "Long story short, me and Zander kissed." I turned to them when they have been silent for a few seconds.

Their eyes widened and they gasped. "I knew it!" Dasha exclaimed, grinning and slapping my hand. "Tell us more details! What happened?!"

"Well it was after you all left and I walked him outside. Don't ask me why I did that because I still don't have a clue. He said I looked pretty and we looked at each other and somehow we ended up kissing..."

"Aw that's so cute!" Kenzie said, lightly clapping her hands. "So are you two dating?"

"Actually I don't even know." I frowned. "He didn't ask me out or anything and I haven't seen him since-"

"You go to him now! See what all of that was about," Dasha urged. "Go look for him."

"He's here now!" Katelyn said a little louder than usual. She tilted her head in his direction.

Sure enough, Zander walked through the door and was walking to get dinner. He glanced at me and I quickly looked away since I didn't know what to say or do. "What do I do?" I said. I was usually confident in myself but I felt more uncomfortable than usual. Ugh why do you do this to me, Archibald?

"Go to him!" Dasha hissed. "Don't ignore him! It's so obvious you two like each other so you all need to stop being so stubborn."

"I guess you're right." I sighed.

"What was that?" Dasha teased, putting her hand around her ear.

"You know what I said. I'm not repeating it, Spier." I gave her a look. I knew that she knew that I hated admitting that I was wrong. I guess that usually happened to stubborn people like me.

"I know, I know." She laughed. "But seriously, go up to him!"

I looked back in his direction and saw him carrying his tray, walking toward a table. "Fine, I'll go," I mumbled. I took a deep breath, got up from my table, and walked towards him. I never felt uncomfortable around him so why am I feeling like this now? Why did he have to kiss me anyways? Ugh he made everything so complicated!

"Hey..." I slowly said to him, unsure whether to sit down next to him or not.

"Hey, Eyebrows," Zander said casually, as if nothing had happened. I glared at him and opened my mouth to say something but he continued, "I'm kidding." He chuckled.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Oh okay, I was about to say..." I laughed nervously.

"I assume you're here to talk about our kiss?" He smirked.

"Not with that stupid smirk on your face." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay. I'm going to be serious now." He changed his smirk to a genuine smile.

"That's better." I smiled back.

"You can sit down, you know."

"Oh...right." I sat down and he chuckled. Why am I acting like such an idiot around him lately?

He sighed and brushed his hair back nervously. "Liv Hawthorne, ever since the day I first met you, you've been such a pain in my a-"

"Seriously, Archibald?" I interrupted, snickering at what he said.

He chuckled. "Um...anyways, somehow along the way, I started to like you. I don't know how it happened but it did."

"Well the same has happened with me, except I was hella stubborn about it. My friends knew I liked you before I even knew." We laughed.

"You've probably heard from others that I'm a player, I assume?"

My face fell. "Oh yeah..." How could I forget that?! Crap!

"I'm just letting you know, I had only acted like that because I never found the one. I know I've been a douchebag to you a lot this year but I promise I'm not playing here. I've never felt like this with anyone else..." He sighed. "You're way different than any other girl I've ever dated."

I paused and blinked. "It's strange to say but I believe you."

He gave me a surprised look. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yup."

He grinned. "So do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I acted like I was thinking hard about it and noticed his face looking worried. "Just kidding! Yes I'll be your girlfriend, Zander."

He let out a sigh of relief. "You got me there." He laughed. "And you actually called me by my first name this time."

"I did, didn't I? Isn't it strange?" I laughed.

"By the way, I do like your eyebrows. I'm sorry for making fun of them..." He looked at the ground shamefully.

"It's fine." I laughed. I wasn't the type of person to care so much about people's opinions of me, especially the way I looked. I loved how my eyebrows looked and that's what counted.

"Well now that we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend, we're going on a date."

"We are?" I gave him a surprised look.

"Yup." He grabbed me by the hand and practically dragged me outside. When we got outside, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulders, just like back when we worked on that math project together. We had gotten an "A" on that project, by the way.

"Why do you keep doing this?" I whined, practically hanging upside down. "It's not like I'm short or small."

"What does that have to do with anything?" He chuckled.

"Well usually short people are tortured like this. I've seen it happen."

He put me down and we ended up sitting by the water fountain in the middle of the school yard. No one was really around, except one of the staff members walking around making sure that no one is getting into any trouble.

We sat by the fountain, actually talking and not annoying each other. I admitted it was a little strange at first that I was actually on a date with Zander and not yelling insults at each other but it was a nice change. We occasionally jokingly made fun of each other but not like the way we used to.

**********

A/N: So Liv and Zander are officially dating now :D Go Lizander!