Chapter 38

{Song in video: Charli XCX - Break The Rules}

I woke up this morning to a lot of people talking in the hallway. I looked at the time and it was 6 in the morning on Monday. Groaning, I put my pillow over my head.

All of a sudden, I heard someone bang on my dorm door. I furrowed my eyebrows and got up out of bed. I marched to the door and opened it. "Do you want to die?!" I exclaimed. It turned out to be Dasha and Katelyn, who had on their regular clothes and already looked ready. "Oh it's just you all...What are you all doing? What is everyone doing?" I noticed a bunch of loud, noisy girls in the hallway. They were already ready too.

"Yikes, I forgot you weren't a morning person," Dasha said, wincing.

"Who is a morning person?"

"Anyways, you didn't know? It's senior skip day!" She grinned.

"What? This early?"

"Well we have to start out early before we got caught." She winked.

"This better be good." I groaned and went back in my dorm. Kenzie was still fast asleep. "Kenz, wake up." I nudged her and she groaned, turning to the other side.

"Yo, Kenz, it's senior skip day!" Dasha yelled. "Get moving!"

"I don't want to go," Kenzie mumbled.

"Cameron will be there. Go check your texts."

She sighed and looked at her phone. Sure enough, there were texts from Cameron. "Ugh, fine I'll go."

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked.

"A river here in Oxford," Dasha replied. "Now get ready! The bus down the street meets in less than an hour." Her and Katelyn walked out of our dorm.

We quickly got ready. "Why are we going to the river if it's still kind of cold outside?" I said to myself.

"I'm wondering the same thing," Kenzie said. "It just snowed a week or two ago."

"Exactly."

After we were ready, we went down to where the bus stop was. There had to be at least sixty of us standing outside.

"Hey you made it," Zander said and gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Yeah..." I said flatly.

"What's up with you?" He looked concerned.

"She's totally not a morning person," Dasha said and laughed.

"Oh...I'm sorry, Liv." He scratched his head awkwardly.

"It's okay. I'm blaming the bastard that came up with this stupid idea anyways." I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my eyes.

He awkwardly looked away and winced.

My eyes widened and I realized what I just did. "Oh crap, I'm sorry! I didn't know you came up with this. I'm just grumpy in the morning, I didn't really mean that. I'm sure it'll be fun-"

He shut me up with a kiss. "It's okay." He smiled and then chuckled. "You didn't know and like you said, you're just grumpy in the morning."

"Wait, how come you didn't tell me about it?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise." He grinned. "I knew Dasha was going to tell you about it."

"Oh lord." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

The bus pulled up and we all went inside. Cameron and Kenzie sat in front of us; she rested her head on his shoulder. Katelyn and Celeste sat behind me, both staring out of the window. Dasha and Collin sat to the right side of me and Zander. I looked over and noticed her talking Collin's ears off and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there. She pulled out a camera and started taking pictures of everyone. I couldn't help but laugh.