Chapter 11 - The Cat's Day With His Partner [Pt.1]

A/N - Yes, here I am with another chapter XD  I am just in the writing mood lately and I'm somewhat over my writers block, thank the gracious god for that.  Yes, after that last chapter, I felt it brought the mood waaaaay down and since I have already planned yet another sad bit of this story for the future (Brace yourselves for that), and thought I'll do some up-beat happy stuff to make sure my dear readers are enjoying their time, not regretting it XD  Anyways, this is the intro part to the 2 part time with Obi and his day off.  Not sure how long the next chapter/2 part will be but I'll make it as happy, fun, and cute a possible with the length considerably bearable.  I hope you enjoy this chappie and stick around for the future ones, and yes, even the sad ones.  By lovelies~

(Shout out to YukiShiro-Chan for beginning a dear and commenting and giving me vote after vote on chapters of this story, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy~  ^^)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Obi woke to the sound of someone banging on his door, telling him to get up and ready. He ambled to the door to find, to his surprise, Kiki standing them, her normal stoic gaze fixated on his tired form. He grinned and chuckled as he greeted her. She only told him to be ready and leave soon, he lazily accept and shut the door as she turned and left. He leaned against his door and yawned. He pushed off his door and threw on his normal, everyday clothing, black pants, black shirt with a, surprisingly, black short sleeve jacket. He was quite colorful in clothing style, as you can clearly see. He thought about it, and pictured everyone he knew wearing at least a bit of color, he is the odd ball, but he brushed it off and quickly left his room to begin his day.

He started out like he normally would and made his way to Zen's study. Opening one door, again yawning, he was greeted with a semi-large room with Mitsuhide at the bookcase, Kiki straightening Zen's papers at his desk and Zen himself stretching out on his small balcony. Obi shut the door behind him and placed his hands behind his head, grinning.

"Everyone sure is relaxed this morning~" Zen turned to him with a grin and walked back underneath the shelter of his study and placed his hands on his desk.

"It's only just begun, and I have a small favor to ask of you Obi." MItsuhide and Kiki then took their places beside Zen, Mitsuhide on his left, Kiki on his right, both in a position of ease. Obi blinked a few times in curiosity as he was intrigued to know what his oh-so-beloved Master would request of him this fine morrow. "I'd appreciated if you went into town today, and I want you to take a certain special someone." Obi blinked once again and this time muttered a single sound response.

"Eh?" It was a short response like someone had just flicked his forehead. He then continued with his opinion as he thought on it. "Ooookaaaay? But what is so important in town that I need to go there, and with whom am I going with?"

Zen only stood back up, and crossed his arms as his back straightened. "Oh, just a certain girl I'm acquainted with. She's been rather.. 'Tied' up lately and I thought this would be a good day for her to relax with someone." Obi's brow twitched. He was annoyed at this sudden order. He was going to explain his opinion yet again, but Zen but him off. "I've already informed the young lass, so you can just go and get ready to rendezvous at the first gate."

Obi brought his hands down to cross over his chest as he sighed. It's not the fact that he has a sudden request from his employer to go into town so suddenly, nor is it that fact that he is going to accompany someone, it's the fact that he had hoped he was going to be rather free today to check up on Shirayuki as per usual and spend the remaining free time he got with Alice. After listening to her past, he wanted to spend time with the Alice of now, the one who is free and brimming with energy and spontaneous actions that always keeps him on his toes, giving him surprises at every corner, making his chest ache and his emotions shift.

"And just who is this lucky lady who I will be escorting into town, if I may be so bold to ask?" Zen could detect the annoyance in his voice as he placed his hands in the air for defense.

"Now, now. No need to be angry, in fact you should be thanking me and be rejoiceful at my generosity. I mean, she is a very charming character, even MItsuhide would agree." Zen looked at Mitsuhide as he merely chuckled and scratched his cheek as his eyes closed.

"She is, in her own unique way. Charming could work, but I'd prefer to call her.. Unpredictably adventurous. What would you say Kiki?" It was obvious they were playing with Obi as Kiki only grinned and replied with a double worded sentence.

"Free spirited." Mitsuhide and Zen both agreed with her. Zen then opened up a folder he had sitting on his desk and pulled out what appeared to be a photograph. He threw it, like one would throw a frisbee, to Obi as he caught it between his index, and middle finger. He kept his arm above his shoulder listening to Zen, before bringing it down to his line of sight.

"That's a picture of who you will be lucky enough to take out today, please do keep an eye on her, and make sure she enjoys herself." After Zen finished his statement, Obi brought the picture down and his eyes widened. He looked to his employer and his aides to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. Zen looked to MItsuhide and he nodded and walked over to Obi, taking his shoulders, turning him around, opening the door and pushing him out of the room.

"She's not going to wait forever, so get moving Obi." Obi hopped backwards only to turn and run to the front gates. Lucky he did indeed some some money on him, so he had no need to return to his room, so he bee-lined to the gates, only to glimpse her figure from a window from the second floor balcony. He leaned against the railing and shouted to her, a smile on his face.

"Hey!" The girl stopped her conversation with the everyday gate guards and turned her body to look to where the loud voice came from. Her long crimson hair that was down and loose, fluttered around her back and shoulders at her brisk movement and she raised her hands to her mouth and shouted back at him, projecting her voice.

"Get down here! I don't have all day Mr. Cat!" She placed her hands back on her hips as she then once against began laughing and conversation with the guards. He ran down the stairs and across the yard to get to his partner for the day. Now at her side, he gazed into her golden eyes and smiled at her with his toothy grin, and she grinned back.

"You look quite nice today Little Red." She placed her hands on her hips as he looked at her, from toe to head. She wore her normal boots with her pair of thin white pants and a black shirt with sleeves that reach her elbow. Her hair was down and relaxed as it rested on her torso and clung to her clothing and skin. Her golden eyes glistened like they usually do and it was enough to lift Obi's spirit about this particular day out, after all, he had wanted this.

"You say as you are dressed entirely in black. Well, I'll be sure to get you something with at least a bit of color on you today, mark my words." Obi leaned forward and poked her nose, grinning.

"Is that a challenge?" She swatted at his hand playfully and chuckled.

"You know it is. Now come on, the day won't wait for us you know." With that she began to walk forward, the guards shouted a goodbye as she left. One guard turned to Obi and told him that he was 'lucky to be out with a unique person like her' and Obi was annoyed that he seemed to infatuated with her in the first place, but he brushed it off and agree that he was indeed lucky. He watched her swaying figure get further away before he ran to catch up to her. His partner for the day, Alice.