Chapter 15 - Always On My Mind

A/N - I KEPT MY PROMISE PEOPLE!!  Updated in a day!  I'm in a rather good mood, I ate me some burritos, My JROTC Company teased me about my relationship status, which is hilarious by the way, we did a nice Yoga session, and I am not failing Chemistry after all!  It's been a nice day, and if your day has been awesome too, fantastic, but if your day has been a bit, lets say, meh-- well here's a story chapter to warm your little souls and hearts~ Here's to Alice and Obi everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't long before someone walked through the corridor closest to the open field and noticed her relaxed form, laying peacefully in the green blades of grass. They chuckled and made their way over to her. Once by her side, they cast a shadow above her head as she knelt down and got closer to her face. Alice opened her eyes and her face grew warm with seeing Obi above her face, looking down at her.

"Alright, your timing is always so oddly precise. You don't follow me around to catch me in these kind of situations all the time do you Obi?" Obi merely chuckled and sat down beside her, his legs crossed as Alice carefully picked up Teto from her chest and sat up herself, placing Teto on her legs, petting his short soft fur. "So," Alice started, "did you need something?"

Obi thought for a moment. He just came over to her out of habit, and it was unconscious, not that he minded. He did care for the girl, but he wasn't expected her to ask why he did, then an idea popped in his head. "I have a favor for you Little Red~" Alice blinked a few times as he reached into his jacket and pulled out her flute. He kept it with him very frequently, today it was good he did. The red string was still strong and vibrant like the day Shirayuki gave it to him to attach. "Play me a song again won't you?" Alice thought about it as she sighed, Obi taking that a signal as a yes, he handed her the flute. Alice took it from his grasp and contemplated what should be played. She was in a relaxed mood, if someone dear to her, and a sleeping palm-top on her lap, taking that into consideration she knew exactly what she wanted to play.

Bringing the flute to her lips, she took a even breath and began to blow into the instrument, creating that smooth as silk sound of her music. The wind also seems to like her melody, as it started a delightful breeze just as she was a few notes in. Her eyes were closed as per usual when she played and her crimson hair fluttered gently to her side behind her, her bangs brushing her cheeks and forehead. Teto seemed to relax more in his rest as she let her music sound. The notes were soft and even, relaxing, yet epic and empowering. This is something Obi loved dearly, the way she played her music, and the way it sounded, and best of all, how she seemed when she played. She was always so calm, so gentle and quiet. Concentrated and relaxed, he thought her beautiful. (If you're wondering, then I used Lugia's song for her flute playing this time XD Pokemon for the win guys!)

He quickly snapped out of the trance Alice had seemed to put him in, he couldn't feel anything towards her. Soon, she would return back to her own country, that and he had harbored feelings for a different red-head, Alice's appearance was beginning to make him question them. Had he been lying to himself about Shirayuki, thinking that way only because she was the first person to show him kindness? He was caught up in his own internal argument that he didn't snap out of it until Alice had placed a hand on his shoulder. Snapping back to reality, Alice had leaned forward, and placed a small hand on his shoulder, he stared deeply into her golden eyes that had laced over worry. Her lips were dipped slightly in a small frown and her brow was creased in worry.

"Obi? Are you okay..? You kinda, went into a daze.." She began to retract her hand from his body but he brought his hand up to catch her wrist. She looked at her wrist, held tightly in his palm and turned to look back at him as his eyes bore into her own. He began to slowly lean forward towards her and Alice's face grew warmed as he drawed near. Eventually, he was but a few inches from her face and he brought up his free hide from his side and placed it on top her head. Her hair shifted from places to new ones and it seemed to happen in a blink. He released her wrist, backed away and held a leaf in front of her face.

"You had a leaf in your hair Little Red. Maybe you shouldn't go wondering into the woods carelessly~" Alice blinked a few times as the red hue on her cheek remained and slowly her face shifted into one of annoyance and embarrassment. She pouted and huffed as she stood up Teto, now awake, jumping from her lap. She turned to Obi and merely stuck her tongue out at him before walking off, he could've sworn her saw steam radiating off her head. He watched her leave and once she was out of sight, He hung his head low and placed his forehead on his palm.

His face was a sea of red. His eyes were wide and his mouth gaping open. What was he going to do.. If he hadn't seen that leaf, he wouldn't have an alibi as to save him from his actions. His body moved on it's own, it was like.. 'It was like i was going to..' His thoughts were once again drawn from him as Teto hopped onto his lap and found warmth in clothing. He let a small smile grace his lips as his colored face returned to normal. He notice Alice had left her flute behind once again, and he reached out to grabbed it, feeling the warmth of her hands from where she held it before hand, not too long ago.

He placed it back in it's place that was in his pocket of his jacket and stood, picking up Teto and carrying him in his arm back to his room. On his way, he stopped by Mitsuhide as he asked if he had seen Alice, and where she might be. Obi merely said he saw her, but didn't know where she had left to earlier, I mean, he wasn't lying. Mitsuhide sighed and shrugged. He then left down the corridor, running into Shirayuki. Obi had caught sight of his Mistress, but it felt wrong to look at her right now, not after what he just went through with Alice. So before she could notice him, he moved quickly around the halls and eventually made it to his room. He set Teto on his pillow as curled more into it, seeking its warmth. Obi then sat himself down on his bed and his eyes scanned his room, falling on a crimson scarf that hung near his door on a rack.

He thought back to the day of the festival, and as well as when he was with Alice. He had noticed she was wearing the necklace he had purchased for her, but did she know it was from him? Surely she did, I mean, he was the only one who was with her that day, so it couldn't be from anyone else. He shook his head and threw himself backwards on his bed, his back flat against his mattress and his arms spread to his sides, his face towards the ceiling. He brought one hand above his head, the same hand that gripped Alice earlier on. Her face of concern flashed quickly through his mind as he brought his hand down to his forehead and clenched his jaw.

"Dammit.. Why is she always on my mind..."