Chapter 23 -Death of an Individual

A/N - Annnnnd I'm back the next day like I said, see, it may be a shortish chapter but hey, it's at least content right? XD  As you all know, this chapter, in my opinion, may be angsty XD One of the only things I'm pretty good at writing in my personal opinion.  Even so, I do hope you enjoy reading it and I will be posting the next chapter soon as well. Just have to tweek a few things is all.  See you next chapter then my dearies~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alice's numb body lay on the hard rock ground of the cliff as it hovered far above the forest. The breeze at this altitude was faint and the air ever so thinner than on the ground. Her, now short, crimson hair tickled her neck and ears with the split ends and still loose strained from Lucifers blade.

Her golden eyes held what seemed like a month worth of dark bags beneath them as she weakly pried them open. Her vision blurred horrendously she could only make out shapes and faint colors. She slowly blinked as she tried to focus her eyes, as well as strain her ears to listen. She heard the ringing you'd get in your head in a dreadful silence or when you had been hit pretty forcefully. Besides the ringing she heard scuffling of movement.

Looking, she saw two tall figures about 20 feet in front of her, close to the edge of the cliff ledge. One figure was cloaked in what seemed to be a deep violet and royal blue. The other was covered in black with a blur of red draped around their neck. She slowly and painstakingly pushed off the ground. Her shoulder length hair brushed her cheeks as she rolled to her chest and her hearing improved slightly.

"I...kill..she's not!" It was a broken bit of hearing and voices were sputtered, but even distorted it held a familiar ring to it, one she found made her heart ache in her breast.

"Alice... not worthy.. Waste..." The other voice drilled in her skull, making her sick to her stomach,she nearly did gag, looking down at the ground holder her dirty hand to her mouth. Flashes of memory pan through her head of the past few days, and it seemed like a million year slide show.

She was brought from her thoughts as she heard a sound of contact. Looking back up, the blue and violet shade was hovered over the black one. It was with the choked sounds and the minimal struggle between the two that her eyes then focused. She was then able to identify the two.

The one cloaked in black was Obi, his scarlet scarf wrapped securely around his neck. The Other was none other than Lucifer. Her body shook at the sight. Lucifer, hovering above Obi, using his disgusting hands to push the breath from Obi's throat and slowly suffocate him. Alice was terrified, she didn't want to be a burden, she feared Lucifer over anything on the planet, but more than anything, she was not willing to lose Obi.

Her body filled with determination and began running on nothing but adrenaline. She picked herself from the ground, dirt and rubble falling from her exposed skin, and she pushed herself forward. Her short hair flew behind her as she rushed forwards, eventually hitting her target: Lucifer. She quickly grabbed his upper arms on either side and used a much strength in her legs and flung herself, and Lucifer, off the edge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi's life just began playing frame by frame in an agonizingly slow pace. He was being held beneath Lucifer, his sickening eyes glaring into Obi's. His breath escaped him is short bursts but he could gain anymore to replace the old ones he had released.

Then in a moment, the ground held a small, dull thud as it grew closer and stopped suddenly. He saw two small, beat-up and bruised arms wrap themselves around Lucifer's arms and the pressure on his throat was gone and Lucifer's figure disappeared from a top him, out of his line of direct sight. Quickly gathering himself, he shot up and only saw a blur of short red as it blended beautifully and evenly with the dusk, rainbow painted sky.

His voice was lost as he saw Alice, the girl he cared so much he was at a lost with what to do with his own emotions, as she flew over the mountain cliff with Lucifer, a man who isn't worth the gift of pure, fresh air to breath. His eyes widened when he saw Alice's face with a small smile, tears pooling in her golden eyes, as she mouthed a 'Thank you' and time seemed to snap to reality as it sped up. Gravity pulled the crimsonette and the villain to the long below forest of the ground and soon enough, their bodies turned to figures, then to silhouettes before they could no longer be seen.

Obi's face was stuck, his eyes widened, his knees bent beneath him as he stared below to the maze like life of the wild foliage far beneath him. About 10 minutes later, after Alice's fall, Zen, Shirayuki, Mitsuhide and Kiki found him and immediately began to question him. Shirayuki kneeled down to his level placing a hand on his shoulder, her concerns were drowned in his head as muffled sounds and he took nothing in, but there was one thing he heard and he understood, as it brought him to the reality of things and sent him over.

"Where is Alice?" Obi's body jerked as silent tears began to cascade over his paled cheeks, creating rivers of emotion he never wanted to show to anyone. The tears reflected the ever-so-slow lowering sun of the horizon as it sank and the darkness of night began to fall. "Obi?" Shirayuki leaned forward as Obi then did something no one would EVER expect.

Obi turned his body and threw himself into Shirayuki's chest. He clutched her clothes on her sides as he let out a chorus of broken, screaming sobs. His body trembled like a leaf in a tornado, he felt so much despair and he let it all out in one go. Mitsuhide's eyes widened as he could tell, he knew that with that reaction, something grave had happened to Alice, after all, he knew how much Obi cared for Alice, even before he himself realized it. Kiki seemed to notice Mitsuhide's grief as she placed her hand on his bicep, as she stared forward at the hysteric Obi and Shirayuki. Mitsuhide then placed his own hand a top of Kiki's silently thanking her. Zen on the other hand was furious, he knew Lucifer had Alice, and he knew Obi would go to her side, so why could he not predict this? He was angry at Lucifer, at Alice for being reckless, but mostly at himself for not thinking about this outcome. Shirayuki held Obi as she too began crying at the new loss of a new, but very dear friend.

Obi passed out to the hollow echoes of his cries of sorrow that night. His face stained with the many dried rivers of his tears, his eyes red and puffy and his heart shattered like ice that was smashed with a boulder. He still clutched at Shirayuki's clothes as she still held him. Mistuhide strolled over to the two on the ground and he pried Obi away from Shirayuki and hoisted the unconscious man onto his back. Zen held Shirayuki close to him for a moment before the group began to leave the cliff, leaving behind a very large part of their lives, making their group of 6 dwindle to 5.