Chapter 24 -Welcome to a New Kingdom

A/N - Okay, I'm coming with an extra long chapter, for me anyways.  Yes, before you all start yelling and throwing things, there is  HUGE time jump.  A jump of *cough* two years *cough*.  DON'T HARM MEH!  I have it this way for a reason, just, be patient.  You'll see.  Anywho, It's a brief summary of Obi and everyone and during Alice's death.  And the story of a new adventure.  Stick around, I has new peoples you should meet from a new place I'm going to take you. x3  Hope y'all stick around and enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been 2 years since Alice had vanished from their lives. Life at the castle had resumed its normal state, and everyone was back to their cheerful ways. They still thought of Alice, but they knew she would only shout at them if they got all depressed about it, so they always talked about the best moments with her, how they all met, all the fun times and games they played with her pranks and tricks. It was around the time of year where they had lost Alice and they all knew it. Zen was busy at desk work to get a head of schedule as was Shirayuki, working hard to clear a day or so. The group of 5, Mitsuhide, Kiki, Zen Shirayuki and Obi always spend the day together and do what they please, as remembrance to Alice's free spirited ways.

Everyone missed her. There wasn't a day that went by that she wasn't thought of, however no one missed her nearly as much as Obi did. It became an everyday wardrobe to wrap her scarf around his neck everyday and allow the crimson of the scarf to stand out against his, never changing, bland fashion sense. He always got comments on it, on how it stood out, how it was unique, and how it seemed on him, but he always dismissed them as he wore it for Alice, not for them.

The group had decided that this year they would venture out into the forest and spend a few days there, just relaxing and channeling Alice's free spirited and adventurous nature. So, one day at dusk they all gathered together with their belonging needed for this 'trip' and set out on horseback. Shirayuki, as per usual rode with Mistuhide and Kiki, Zen and Obi had their own horse. Since Alice left, Shirayuki didn't want to ride with Obi as she thought it'd be best if he didn't have someone with him to remind him how Alice use to sit behind him.

It was long since they left and the cloak of night had draped itself around the earth and put the small specks of light in the sky, the stars and moon shining brightly. The group sat around the fire they had made as they all sat around on the ground, their horses not far from them. Eventually, one by the one the group fell asleep, Obi being the last. He gazed at the moon with lidded, heavy eyes and whispered a weak plea to the heavens before falling into slumber.

"I wish I could see you again.."

When the group awoke, they were woken with the sound of the ground rumbling and their horses scuffing and crying as they broke from their reins and ran off. Obi jumped up as Kiki and MItsuhide gained balance and gripped their swords while Zen stood with Shirayuki, holding her upright with the ground. The ground seemed to violently trembled as the ground beneath them, without warning, split open. The 5 of them slid slightly before falling into the large scar of the earth and was greeted with nothing but darkness. They still heard each other, and no one was unconscious, but it was pitch black. No one expected it when they all hit the end of the fall, some falling on their backs, others on their rears. It was still darker than black, and they couldn't see your hand 4 inches from your face. They all linked arms or hands, staying close together before they trekked cautiously forward. It was safe to say there were lost, and after a while they saw a smile light. So what would one do if they were lost in blackness, for god knows how long and saw some form or light? They ran to it.

Bad. Choice.

They were all so close together and their running was all the same pace that they didn't realize until it was too late that the tunnel they had been walking through was becoming narrow and it didn't take long at all for the group of 5 to be jumbled together. Pushed up against each other, someone above this person, and one tangled with the other like a horrid game of twister. Though no one spoke, the tension and annoyance radiating off them was screaming the same thing.