Chapter 27 - Just Get Lost

A/N - ITS THE LAST CHAPTER GUYS!!  THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S DONE.  THIS IS IT (Unless I do that AU thing)!  I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT AND STICK AROUND TO READ MY OTHER STORIES  THAT I WILL EVENTUALLY POST! 

But in all seriousness, I had a TON of fun writing this, and even if some parts are a bit iffy in writing, I can say that I'm pretty proud of this story as it's the first official one I've written and published that has so many parts.  I'm eternally grateful for you all who stuck around, read all the chapters, gave me all the feedback, vote after vote and it just couldn't make me happier.  I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.  Keep and eye out for that AU if I ever post it and other than that.  I will see you all in the next story I write. 

You're the really MVP's here!  Stay awesome guys!!   ~Ms. Author

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi wandered around the castle grounds until he found her, Alice was staring out a window as she placed her hands on the window pane. He could see her sigh as she closed her eyes. She went to turn away and continue her walk, but she didn't get far as she was stopped by a pair of arms that wrapped around her waist from behind and lifted her off the ground. She squeaked as the person holding her laughed and spun her around a bit. She held tightly onto their arms as to not get thrown around too much, and soon she also began to laugh. The person stopped and set her feet back on the ground, but their arms remained at her sides.

"You know, should my brother catch you doing this, he's gonna throw a tantrum Obi." Obi merely laughed and let Alice go, walking around to her front side and smiling. "Ah, I see you found the clothes I lent you. Do they fit okay, I just kind of guessed off of Chlotz's closet." Obi held onto the jacket with both of his hands, pulling it down to adjust it.

"They fit fine, Chlotz sure is tiny guy. He doesn't work much does he." Alice merely chuckled.

"By calling him small, that means you are too moron. But, to answer your question, Chlotz is very intelligent, so I have him survey Lucas and Lu. He also helps me forge and create trade deals and barters with neighboring countries. He's more busy than he looks, but he can fight.. To some extent." The two walked around as they spoke and discussed different topic, as Alice spoke, Obi casually slipped his hand with hers, weaving their finger together. A small blush appeared on Alice's face, and Obi merely teased her about it. They continued talking until something rather hard made contact with Obi's head. He crouched to the ground and rubbed his head, looking down he saw a small piece of thick wood. Picking it up, he turned around and saw the man from earlier. The one falling Alice around, Mr. Sword and his long blue hair.

"Annnd, here we go. This is so ridiculous.." Alice sighed as she brought her palm up to her forehead and sighed. Obi looked to her then back at the man as he stood up. He held the wood in his hand and then, with a smirk, tossed it back to him. The wood landed at his feet as he looked up and locked his gaze with Obi's.

"So, you're the nuisance that was partnered with Alice back in Clarines correct?" Obi merely nodded and smiled as he placed his hands behind his head. "That's all fine and dandy, but don't be so casual with her." Obi's smile became that of a forced smile hiding annoyance. "In layman's terms, I'm telling you not to touch my sister, stray brat." Obi blinked as he then brought his hands away from his head slightly and then looked to Alice. She seemed to have this expression of wanting to bash her head into a wall. Obi leaned close to her and whispered, pointing his finger at the man.

"So, this is the infamous elder brother?" Alice sighed and looked in his direction, a look of almost disappointment on her face.

"I'm afraid so." Alice then looked at Kanda and then spoke up to where he could hear her. "Kanda, this is Obi, the boy I use to tell you about from Clarines. Obi this is my older brother Kanda." Obi only made an 'o' shape with his mouth as he understood everything and Kanda had the same annoyed look on his face. Kanda then began to walk up to Obi, getting fairly close to him and he seemed to then inspect him. Obi, getting a tad uncomfortable put his arms up as he took a step back. Kanda then crossed his arms over his chest and clicked his tongue.

"You said he was fairly intelligent and skilled on his feet. However, I can't see how anything about him is particularly intriguing." Alice just sighed and turned around, throwing her hands up in the air and silently just giving up hope in her dear older brother. Obi, however, so this as a challenge, and he just accepted. Obi just crossed his arms and replied.

"Alice is a pretty laughable person around me, so I would imagine she had something to laugh about as a child, or someone, and I figured it be something like an older brother. You're looks are something to laugh at after all." Alice held back a laugh as she was still away from the two boys, as Kanda became much more annoyed at this boy whom claims to be infatuated with his sister.

"If you're gonna be a smartass, first you have to be smart. Otherwise you're just an ass." That was Kanda's reply to Obi and soon enough the two men let their immaturity take over and they just spat stupid insults at each other like a couple of children. Alice however was growing irritated and soon enough was at her limit. The boys faces were close to each other as if locking horns, so Alice, being the goddess she was, walked up beside them because they were to busy arguing to notice her, placed each one of her hands on the back of their heads and with as much force as she could muster, slamming their foreheads together, effectively making the two yell in pain and cradle their, now red, heads.

"If you're going to act like children, you'll be treated as such. Now stop arguing, so else I'll seriously put you under the castle." Alice held a smile, but it was a sinister smile, one that screamed 'test me'. Obi feared the wrath of the crimsonette and even though Kanda was stronger than her and could beat her in a fight, he didn't feel like he wanted to push her buttons at the moment. The two silenced themselves and Alice clapped like a mother would to her previously fighting children. Alice then began to walk about, Obi and Kanda both at her side. She stopped by Kiki and Mitsuhide's place of choice in the castle, then went into town to join Shirayuki and Zen. The group eventually all gathered together and everyone was introduced to Kanda. Kanda was impressed of Zen being so young and handling a country so well, Mitsuhide's skills at the sword, Kiki's maturity, calm demeanor and silence, and Shirayuki's knowledge. He didn't admit it out loud, but there were things about Obi that he liked as well. Night soon fell and the group sat around a small fire Alice made in the back gardens.

"Alice, how often will we see you once we get back to Clarines?" Shirayuki had been thinking this question for a while now and she wanted an answer. Alice twiddled her thumbs and thought a moment. She then smiled and nodded, silently agreeing with herself on answer.

"I'll come by and visit whenever my paperwork allows me too, as well as Kanda. My younger brother by adoption, Lucas, will be 11 soon. He is a knowledgeable kid with more to learn but when he turns 15 he will have the choice of holding the coronation that year or the next. I am 19 now, so by that time I will be in my 20s, so I will more than likely be ready to travel on my own, when that time comes, I'll leave Synthis and live in Clarines. It'll be hard to leave my kingdom, but I always know how to get back." Shirayuki was pleased with this answer and soon the night ended with everyone passing out around that fire. Alice's head lay on Obi's shoulder as she slept and Obi was sleeping peacefully as well. They were the first two to sleep and Kanda was the last one. He stared at his preciously younger sister and noticed that she was finally growing up, and that soon she wouldn't need him by her side all the time anymore. Him smiled, because even if he didn't like Obi, she wouldn't leave him be, and he could take care of her.

A few days passed and it was time for Obi and the rest to return to Clarines. Alice saw them off by taking them to a border and telling them the way home. Of course, Synthis gave them horses to make the traveling bit faster. They all bid their goodbyes to her and wished to see her again soon. They all rode ahead a bit to leave Obi and her alone, so they could say goodbye. Obi held Alice to his chest tightly as if his life depended on it. He just got to see her again and now he had to leave, it hurt him to do so. Alice reached up and placed her forehead on his own, offering her best smile, closing her eyes. Their noses touched as Alice said something to him and he smiled before cupping her cheeks and placing a kiss onto the crimsonette. Her face turned red and she blinked in a flustered manner. Obi merely laughed and ruffled her hair before he broke away from her and hoisted himself up on his horse. Looking back at her once more she was smiling wide, her cheeks red and waving to him. He then turned and rode off, joining the other and heading back to Clarines. Obi smiled as he recalled Alice's words.

"If you ever want to see me, you know how to find me...

.

.

.

Just get lost."