Chapter 18 - Sneak Peeks And Late Night Affairs

A/N - Hey guys~  Sorry for my delay, I'm doing much better now ^^  Thanks for understanding and being patient with me.  So, I came back with a chapter with a bit of comedic relief XD and a small bit of fluff, or tried to at least. It's gonna take a bit to get back into the swing of things, so the chapters may be a bit trash, fair warning.  In other news, I've been thinking about, after this story is finished, posting an old story of mine that I have been asked to continue by a friend, it's world is D. Gray-man, as well as post a SnK fan-ficiton.  XD Many many stories in the future, but my main focus is still my dear Obi~!  Well, I hope you can enjoy this chapter as much as possible and I hope to bring even better chapters soon~!  Thanks again for your patience and understanding!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now evening and in the training yard was a wide area of worn out men. Panting and sweating, they sit or lay on the ground exhausted from training through the day. Alice too was tired, but she wasn't as exhausted as the men. She wiped some sweat from her forehead, gaining back some breath and smiled. She then placed her arms across her chest and made an announcement.

"Alright boys, your all-day training for today is complete. Congrats for not passing out. You're all dismissed, so back to your quarters and clean yourselves up and rest." The men picked themselves off the ground, dirt and grass stains on their clothes and skin that was exposed. Small scratches and minor bruises on their body proved their hard working for the process of strengthening themselves. As they all left they gave some sort of gratitude to Alice, whether it be a pat on the shoulder, or a quick hug. She smiled at every gesture she received and was proud to called the men her trainees for that day. Soon all the men had left and she too took to her room to rid herself of the grime and sweat that had caked on her flesh that entire day.

She entered her room and took to the washroom that was connected to it. She quickly peeled off her clothing that was embedded with her beast of sweat and grimaced slightly before turning the showers on, filling the room with steam and stepping it. The warm body relaxed her stiff muscles as the water washed away the dirt and grime as it ran over her injuries and scars. She looked down at the nearly healed stab wound she received when she first arrived here. It seemed like a mere bug bite now, it's hard to believe it was so fatal just a few weeks prior. She sighed and quickly finished up, shutting off the water and wrapping a towel around her chest as it hung to her thigh. She opened the door to her room as the steam from her shower flooded into the cool atmosphere. She walked over to her wardrobe and searched for something comfortable enough to wear for now, as it wasn't time for her to retire for the night quite yet. She'd go and check in with Shirayuki and Zen first.

Her mind was wandering somewhere else as she held her wardrobe doors open and just stared into space. She then was, abruptly, brought from her trance by a knock on her door. Startling her, she jumped and slammed her wardrobe shut, shutting her finger between the door with it. She let out a yelp of surprise and minor pain as the door was then opened, the person behind it curious as to see what happened and if she was indeed alright. Hearing her door creak open, she whipped her head to the doorway as it was cracked open with Obi standing halfway through the opening. They both just froze. Alice was basically naked with nothing but a towel concealing her body and still had water droplets falling from her body as Obi just stood there, shocked and speechless. Her face grew a thousand shades of red as she held her hand to hold her towel up and hide her chest and shouted at him.

"Obi! Get out!" He didn't think twice about whipping his body around and slamming the door shut. Alice then ran over to the door and looked it, letting out a breath she never was conscious he was holding. Her heart beat violently in her chest as she was filled to the brim with embarrassment and wanted nothing more than to curl into a ball and hide under a rock for eons. On the other side of the door, Obi leaned against it, his breath harsh as his face was also erupted with a fiery red hue. He slid down the door on his back as he came to the floor and held his stomach and covered his mouth with his eyes wide.