Welp.

I stepped onto the field and that same adrenaline rush ran down my spine as I did a 360 turn. I watch as all our fans throw their fists in the air. Cheering, shouting, yelling, screaming, and smiling. I see a lot of them pointing at me and some hugging each other. As I walk into the space as the free kick, I continued to survey my surroundings. I watch as people scramble to add "Heath" or "17" to their poster boards, and some guys are even taking off their shirts so they can add H-E-A-T-H to their line up. Finally reaching the penalty spot area, I hear shouting from the stands next to me. Unable to focus completely, I take a look at the direction where the shouting is from. You know what I see? I see a bunch of guys making heart signs with their hands and shoving their way to the front row. I smirk.

Guess I still got that effect huh?

Feeling my usual confidence back, I take a look at the goal. Knowing that not a lot of time was left, I decided to try and get into their brains. First, I stared at their wall. I already noticed the flaw in the wall, and so I try my best to not look in that direction. Instead, I look the opposite way and stare at the defender furthest away from where I'm going to kick. From experience, I know that my hazel eyes have a tint of green that will pop if I stare at someone long enough. And, honestly, it'd pretty intimidating. As I notice that her eyes are starting to waiver a bit, I look at the goalie.

A bead of sweat rolls down her forehead, dragging down a lock of her hair. She nervously scrambles to move it away, as I see her gulp.

Oh well. She's already scared.

"Tobin!"

I snap out of my daze at the sound of Alex's voice.

"Yeh?" I answer as I continue to scan the goal, looking for a even better opportunity than the one in mind.

"Where do you want the run?" This time, it was Kelley that joins us.

"Just relax. I got this." Knowing this wasn't our original tactic, I risk a look at their faces. Shock was an understatement.

"Are you sure?" I look up and match my own stare with Alex's questioning look.

This time, instead of scaring her, I give her one of my warm smiles. I know she always listens to me if I give her the adorable puppy face of mine.

Except, this time, it's no childish play. This is the chance I build the team's confidence and also probably the only opportunity to prove to Jersey High that I still belong as their captain.

Reluctantly, Kelley and Alex slowly stands in the line standing as if they were going to run back post.

I take a deep breath, and then look at the ref.

Beeeeeeep!

I take a look at the spot where I'm going to kick it, and then charges forward.

Step.

I can do this.

Step.

Do it for the team.

Step.

Do it for Alex.

Step.

Do it for Jersey High.

Step.

Do it for yourself.

The familiar feeling of the ball making collision and my foot makes me hold my fist in anticipation. The stadium was silent as they watch the ball laser towards the net.

And it's in.

The stadium's cheer was just as loud and overwhelming as my emotions were

The stadium's cheer was just as loud and overwhelming as my emotions were. Doing my own celebration style, I went running around with my right arm stretched out and my index finger pointing out.

Soon after we had finished celebrating, I took my spot at the kick-off place and watch the other team's steps closely as they start the kick off.

The opponent team knowing that we were back with confidence, decided to play a bit more reserved. They passed it all the way back to defence, and started to do some passing around there. Looking around, I already see our defenders pushing the defense line up.

"HOLD THE LINE! GO 1 ON 1!" I shouted orders to my team and was thankful that my teammates still remember our secret phrases. It would've been more than embarrassing if my teammates just stood there. Soon, one of their player had lost the ball around the midfield line and Ali received it. I pointed to the spot I front of me as I started to jog forwards. She picked up on my play and made a perfect lead pass. Doing a shoulder check, I saw a defender coming towards me, and so I decided to play this team a little bit. I first tapped the ball between my legs and dragged it with the sole of my foot in between that person's leg. Knowing where the defender had turned, I did a step over to the left and poked the underside of the ball to the right just in time to nutmeg that same defender again.

The crowd roared, which just boosted my confidence. I started to dribble down the line as I see two defenders trying to corner me. 2 v 1. What a sad mistake. With the heel of my right foot, I kicked the ball back to my left foot and chipped it around waist height, after that when the defenders close in I used the outside of my right foot to kick the ball over their heads. Three down, still got eight more to go

Now since I reached the end of the line, I did a smooth fake to pass a defender and did a maradona ( stop the ball with your non dominant foot, roulette to change the direction, and did a Ronaldo chop to lose both defenders.

Looking up, I saw that the box was already set up, and knew that if we wanted to score this last goal, I've got to make this.

I took a touch with my left outside foot then cut in, perfectly nutmegging my defender, then attempted a curve. All of the players were marked, and so I tested my luck.

And thank god did I do that.

The ball perfectly spins out of the keeper's reach and hammers into the back of the net.

Stunned, I just let my teammates crowd around me as I tried to process what just happened.

Welp.

The final whistle blew and I collapsed onto the ground with my teammates next to me.

"TOBIN YOU ASSHOLE!! WHERE DID YOU LEARN HOW TO DO THAT?!?!" I turn around in time to see Kelley launch herself at me.

Tonight was absolutely beautiful, and all my doubts or hesitation about playing again flew away as soon as I touched the ball.

Just one question, why did I think of Alex?

A/N: Adding talex in here.... This chap is kinda important to the story, which was I was very elaborate on the soccer stuff. Anyways, SORRY FOR NOT POSTING. I'LL TRY TO POST ANOTHER CHAPTER THIS WEEK OR SOMETHING. I've had no time at all. I had lots of soccer probs with my coach, and placement tests in school, and training with three different teams. Ugh, I stayed up till 11 pm writing this on my phone..... STAY TUNED FOR MORE