Introducing Christen

As the team walk out of the locker rooms in a great mood, I couldn't help but wonder the question that has suddenly popped into my head.

"WAIT! NOOOOOOO!" Hearing the desperate call of Kelley, I looked up just in time to see Ashlyn and Ali carry her into the jeep. As if mocking me, the engine revved loudly and left. Welp, I guess I'm going to be either walking to the diner with all my soccer gear, or to the tour bus and then go get food.

Ugh. Both involve so much walking. As I started to walk, I notice Servando standing outside with flowers. I eyed the flowers carefully. Roses. Definitely a crush. Not minding the nagging feeling at the back of my brain, I turned around and started to leave. I already knew it was for Alex. 

This kid is smart, kind, and athletic.... why do I not like him?

Was it because of Alex?

Speaking of Lex..............

Why did I think of  her when I did my free kick?

Thousands of questions flew into my brain and sent me into autopilot.

Just as if she heard me, in a blink of an eye, I was suddenly looking right into Alex's deep ocean eyes, "Soooooo, Toby. What you thinkin' about that got you so distracted that you almost walked into a pillar?"

As I regained my composure, I completely blanked out.

Which lead me into opening and closing my mouth like a fish. 

Alex laughed, "Are you trying to tell me that you are secretly a fish?Or are you just being the normal idiot you are and walked into a wall on purpose? Oh wait no, knowing you, you probably walked into the wall because you had a lot on your mind, and since there isn't a soccer ball, you decided to walk into a wall." 

You. I was thinking about you. I gave her a disapproving look, trying to use my psychic powers and inform her of her stupidity. Just as if she was also telepathic, she flashed a goofy smile.

"Let's just go." I mumbled and quickly walked away.

I heard her chuckle behind me, before I felt her jump on my back, "GO TOBYYY GO! C'MON THE OTHER PEOPLE HERE ARE GOING TO RUN US OVER IF WE DON'T GO FASTER! TOBY C'MON LOOK THEY'RE CHASING AFTER US!"

I turned my head and gave her a blank stare, 

"The parking lot is empty, Lex."

------------------------------------------------

Alex's POV

As I was putting my soccer stuff into the extra-large duffel bag I brought, my phone suddenly beeped. Forgetting that I was still holding something, I immediately opened my hands and cringed as my soccer cleats fell right onto my toes. As the pain slowly disappeared, I opened my phone to see who had texted me.

Hey, good job on the win! I'm outside of the locker rooms, can I talk to you? -Servando 

I mentally roll my eyes and completely ruined my neat packing by stuffing everything else into the duffel bag. He just totally ruined my mood. Just because I was your partner for all of my classes in junior year, doesn't mean I'm your friend, dude. As his face floated into my mind, I mentally punched him. It was also him that asked if I could be his partner since we both didn't have partners once everyone was done pairing up. Tobin was going to be my partner, but being the nice person she is, she decided to help the new transfer kid and be her partner. I think her name was Christen Press? 

Ugh, so off track.

I quickly gathered my things and quietly opened the exit door and peeked my head up. Just like he said, he was standing outside busily texting on his phone while holding flowers.