"Tobin Heath?"

Time skip to next summer, their senior year. 

*Tobin's POV*

In everyone else's eyes, nothing has changed. Except for me. Ever since that almost kiss with Alex, I started to question my feelings. After I had left the tour bus, I just simply took a walk, came by and pretended that it had never happen and everything was back to normal. Thank god Alex didn't bring it up either. During the last month of school after our win, the media had a big blow up. 

"Tobin Heath, soccer star back on the field again!"

"Soccer player Tobin Heath finally steps onto the field again!"

"Return of Tobin! Young female soccer player back on the pitch!"

Different news casts and articles all wrote about the same thing, my appearance on the soccer pitch. To settle everything, I wrote on social media that I was resting from soccer because of an injury, and used an old photo from when I actually hurt my ankle to prove it. 

As we were all coming down from our high, we all started to train again

As we were all coming down from our high, we all started to train again. Due to the fame of being the five-time-soccer-league-champions, each individual one of us had gotten something good out of it. Most of the team used them to get clothes, and new soccer gear, while Alex had used the fame and money to become a part-time model. I remember when I had saw her on the cover of the magazine at Target when I was making my weekly visit to the chips aisle. 

Simple to say, I almost tripped over the bag of doritoes on the ground

Simple to say, I almost tripped over the bag of doritoes on the ground. I honestly couldn't believe it. In my mind, after that almost kiss, I did everything possible to stay normal and not act towards my affection towards Alex. I've also grown closer to Christen, as she was a good distraction for my forbidden attraction to that certain green eyed beauty.

While on the other side, I've been spending my money as Alex would say "Toby-style". I got a new longboard, a few new snapbacks and beanies, and a few plane tickets around the world for this summer. School isn't exactly like a hell hole for me, I'm in good terms with the students and teachers, I've got friends... Unlike most people in high school, my favorite part of school isn't exactly lunch or break. Why? Because that's the time where I must face Alex, sit next to her, act like we're best friends and nothing has changed at all. It's worse knowing sometimes that Alex is leading or hinting in what she says/acts about that night at the tour bus, and I just get really worried if Alex would find out and want to leave me. What's even worse? She started to see Servando. Servando is a good dude, but I just really don't like it when Alex talks about the date she had with him, or what present he got her... Which is why whenever she tells me she has a date, I purposely try to arrange something to do that day so I don't have to help Alex get ready for her date.